Page 290 of 290 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 2900

Thread: New users post here.....

Name
    Craig

Name
    Craig

Still canít post with out a mod approving

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by craigrj View Post
    Still canít post with out a mod approving
    Craig is having some problems which we don'tcompletely understand, so please forgive while he posts some test messages while we sort it out.

Name
    Craig

Post test 1

Name
    Craig

Post test 2

Name
    Craig

Post test 3

sweepermike is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    mike finch

Question 456 storage advice

Hi There

Just about to take delivery of a 2000 - 456M GTA Tour de France Blue with Tan Hide and 10,700 miles on the clock, I will be putting it into storage during the winter and as this is my first proper / classic car, does anyone have any particular advice on the best way to prepare the car for storage, probably looking at 6 months initially, I have already found a company to store it for me.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Mike Finch

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sweepermike View Post
    Hi There

Just about to take delivery of a 2000 - 456M GTA Tour de France Blue with Tan Hide and 10,700 miles on the clock, I will be putting it into storage during the winter and as this is my first proper / classic car, does anyone have any particular advice on the best way to prepare the car for storage, probably looking at 6 months initially, I have already found a company to store it for me.

Thanks

Mike Finch
    Hi Mike and welcome to CS.

Regarding storing your car, I do it every winter but have stored my 348 more this year and into next due to current circumstances. You'll always hear about people having problems storing cars but I've got several mates who have stored theirs for a number of years and never had a problem. Rather than go into specifics about what I do, have a browse through the articles here - Windrush is one of the highest quality storage places around and their site lists what they do regarding preparation, fuel, controlling the atmosphere, checks while in storage etc. I've simply followed what they do (but at home as my garage can be 'climate controlled' in terms of temperature and humidity) and never had any problems:

https://www.windrushcarstorage.co.uk...age-advice.php
    Last edited by Nosevi; 08-11-2020 at 02:57 PM.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by sweepermike View Post
    Hi There

Thanks

Mike Finch
    The biggest problem would be with your fuel. Try to avoid soring it with any ethanol in the fuel. depending on where you live it can be difficult to find pump fuel with no ethanol in it. I wont give you a science lesson but ethanol will want to eat your fuel system and its also very good at absorbing water. Its not put into aircraft fuel for a reason !!! you can google search to find which brands are ethanol free and pick one thats nearby. Assume the previous owner filled it up with supermarket ***** with 10% ethanol, so you will have to make sure you have used it all up

dermot is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Dermot

Esso states that their Synergy Supreme+ 99 is ethanol free.
    Shell V-Power Unleaded may contain ethanol.

Both are 99 RON fuels but that is a different index.