Page 292 of 292 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292
Results 2,911 to 2,919 of 2919

Thread: New users post here.....

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Welcome folks

Name
    Touching Cloth

Default Hello! Newbie here

Hello, I thought I should introduce myself as directed by my Welcome email.

I will soon be the proud and frightened owner of a 1997 F355 Spider which I shall collect in a few weeks' time when it has gone through prep and when travel restrictions allow me to bring it home to Scotland.
    The 550 mile trip north will actually be the first time I've ever sat in a Ferrari, never mind driven one. Either way, it will be a dream fulfilled.

Thanks
    TC

Name
    Adam Dominik

Long time Ferrari 360 owner (10 years), coming abroad to learn more about these cars! (I'm in Sydney, Australia).

Tried to upload a picture but no dice?

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by TouchingCloth View Post

I will soon be the proud and frightened owner of a 1997 F355 Spider which I shall collect in a few weeks' time when it has gone through prep and when travel restrictions allow me to bring it home to Scotland.
    The 550 mile trip north will actually be the first time I've ever sat in a Ferrari, never mind driven one. Either way, it will be a dream fulfilled.

Thanks
    TC
    Welcome, from a fellow Aberdeen(shire) dweller. Like you, I drove mine home which was the first time I'd driven it. A bit nerve-wracking but what a feeling.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing it out and about!

Name
    Touching Cloth

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Welcome, from a fellow Aberdeen(shire) dweller. Like you, I drove mine home which was the first time I'd driven it. A bit nerve-wracking but what a feeling.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing it out and about!
    Thank you! Iím sure you will see me out. If you are the same monthefish on PH, Iím not too far away from you at all I think, and am regularly up your way with my son.

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Thanks
    TC
    Well done; and welcome

Picked my 355 spider up last summer; drove it home in one of the summer storms. Nice and watertight but a few ďinterestingĒ moments along the way, definitely more power than my 348 Iím loving mine so Iím sure you wonít be disappointed.

Name
    Ian

Thanks
    TC
    Good choice and welcome.
    Absolutely no need to be apprehensive, I will have had mine 19 years this year and no regrets.

It might be stating the obvious but just don’t be tempted to fully use its performance until you are used to it.
    Although quite modest power by modern standards, peak torque and power come in high up in the rev range so it can be bit of a surprise the first time you wind it up. Ask me how I know!!
    That said you will find it’s very easy to drive and even quite happy at 30 mph in 6th so you can just amble along if the mood takes you. Enjoy your journey.
    Last edited by Ian355; 03-04-2021 at 07:22 PM.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Ian355 View Post
    It might be stating the obvious but just donít be tempted to fully use its performance until you are used to it.
    This! It'll be a pussycat as long as long as you treat it with a bit of respect. Take it a step at a time and keep it shiny side up. Enjoy

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Thank you! Iím sure you will see me out. If you are the same monthefish on PH, Iím not too far away from you at all I think, and am regularly up your way with my son.
    No, that's not me! Different name on PH