Thread: 360 help

Name
    Stuart

Default 360 help

Had my car for a couple of weeks now and absolutely loving it. A couple of questions.

1) when I turn the ignition after the OK CHECK the ASR with a line through the middle flashes on then goes off. Is this the traction control? Does it mean it's off or on? I can't remember if this has always come on as I nudged the switches by accident!

2) the passenger door window is not dipping when opening the door. Is this just an easy adjustment which I could do?

3) I need a cover for the car. It's outside under a car port. Doesn't get wet just more for keeping dust off. I don't want anything flash just something basic. I was thinking a universal cover from halfords but if someone knows of another one be good to know.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Re 3. You could try Mark Wibberly from Morethanpolish.co.uk , I've got a breathable cover from them and very happy with it. He has a 360 so sure they'll do one to fit.

My 'guess' with 1 (based on other cars with traction control etc.) is that the ASR with a line through it is a warning that the traction control system (probably advanced stability somethingorother) is off, hence the line through it. The flashing is probably the computer checking the system, then the light goes out because by default ASR is probably on. When you go into the relevant mode with no traction control I'll bet the ASR light with line through is on but you have to select it each time when you start the car as a safety feature. Check this with someone clever though.

Pete

Name
    Mallard

Stuart,
    ASR question covered in manual but as Nos says, briefly flashes up then goes out, default on at start up.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Stuart,

As a simple check. When you lift the passenger door handle can you feel/hear a microswitch operate before you hit the main resistance that unlatches the door. It is this switch that signals the window control to drop the window before you unlatch the lock by pulling the handle fully.

it is either the switch or a fault on the window control/door lock system or wiring and not a simple adjustment.

M
    Last edited by Mike01606; 16-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.

Name
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Stuart,

As a simple check. When you lift the passenger door handle can you feel/hear a microswitch operate before you hit the main resistance that unlatches the door. It is this switch that signals the window control to drop the window before you unlatch the lock by pulling the handle fully.

it is either the switch or a fault on the window control/door lock system or wiring and not a simple adjustment.

M
    Thanks. Ill check that.

Name
    Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Re 3. You could try Mark Wibberly from Morethanpolish.co.uk , I've got a breathable cover from them and very happy with it. He has a 360 so sure they'll do one to fit.

My 'guess' with 1 (based on other cars with traction control etc.) is that the ASR with a line through it is a warning that the traction control system (probably advanced stability somethingorother) is off, hence the line through it. The flashing is probably the computer checking the system, then the light goes out because by default ASR is probably on. When you go into the relevant mode with no traction control I'll bet the ASR light with line through is on but you have to select it each time when you start the car as a safety feature. Check this with someone clever though.

Pete
    Cheers pete

Name
    Ben Watkin

I can vouch for the 360 car cover from more than polish. Very good, fits well and isn't bright red (unless thats what your after!).

Name
    Stuart

Checked the window today. It dips when opening from outside the car but not from the inside. No noises from inside

Any thoughts.

Name
    Jonathan Griffiths

need to put a meter across the microswitch on the inner door handle to check if the switch is working when you lift the inner handle. You will need to strip the door down to do this. Aldous has a website that will tell you how to do this. www.aldousvoice.com