Thread: Tune2Air - Turns your iPod cable in to Bluetooth.

Name
    John

Default Tune2Air - Turns your iPod cable in to Bluetooth.

Hi all,

As much as I love the sound of the V8, I do still like to have some music on in the background, and so I wanted to be able to listen to the music on my iPhone. My iPod connector is located in the glove box, and relocating it looked to be a chore. So I decided to either permanently leave an iPod in the glove box, only to be removed every time I want to add music to it, or attempt to find a Bluetooth adaptor for the iPod cable.

Initially I was told you could not use any of the Bluetooth adapters for a car stereo. There are plenty of 8 and upward options available, but the only one advertised as working with "any car's original fit iPod connector" is the one below.

The connector was 60 but works a treat and is still less than an iPod I've now got full use of my iTunes from the car stereo, which has all the track listings and also from my iPhone.

Anyway, here's the link for anyone who may be interested.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ViseeO-Tun...item5d3ab7c6d7

Kind regards,
    John

dave964 is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Dave

What stereo do you have?

I'm thinking of ripping out my Becker and replacing it with an ipod-ready one but can't decide what with. I have a KIV-700 in one of my cars, which works pretty well so tempted by that. But also had a Sony in my 348 which allowed you to put the ipod into the head unit. Very neat - no cables - but sadly, the user interface sucked!

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by dave964 View Post
    What stereo do you have?
    I was about to ask that too

Presumably its the 6112 (rectangular buttons) but do you then have the box/adaptor before the plug ie your Becker shows tracks and can control the Ipod or is it just the normal wire into aux ?

Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    I was about to ask that too

Presumably its the 6112 (rectangular buttons) but do you then have the box/adaptor before the plug ie your Becker shows tracks and can control the Ipod or is it just the normal wire into aux ?
    Hi,

Yes, I have the 6112. It shows all the track listing etc, so yes it must have the box/adaptor and not just installed via the aux.

John

Name
    Dave

Mine is pre-6112

Shame - that would be a nice solution for me.

Name
    Lord Adam

I have the Becker Grand Prix, works great with the iPod in the glove box, Bluetooth works good with the iPhone too

Name
    Richard

Default Jabra cruiser etc

Another decent bit of kit that does the same thing is the jabra cruiser hands free phone kit - clips onto the sun visor and Bluetooth connects to an iPhone, and you can transmit the audio (music/ audio from the phone call) through the car radio - can control tracks from it and the quality for calls is good too. Costs about 60 on eBay.

Name
    Dave

I made a bit of an impulse purchase today and picked up a Kenwood head unit - will control an ipod, USB, SD card and has built in bluetooth. Swapped it over earlier and the bluetooth audio streaming was very impressive (although admittedly without the engine running, so limited interference).

I wanted something that suited the existing interior, and........ failed completely. It doesn't have many buttons so isn't one of these glitzy neon lit things that most head units are these days, but the surround is noticeable gloss vs the fairly matt finish around the window switches. Plus, there is a slight gap on each side so not ideal.

The perfect solution would be a later Becker, but the few I've seen for sale are scary price - and that's for something that's about 10 years old anyway. I'll see how I get on with the Kenwood - if I don't get on with it, swapping back to the Becker is simple enough (at least, it is once I've managed to get the head unit out of its cage - pretty poor release system!).