Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhasut Bypass Valve Controller

Name
    Steve

Default Exhasut Bypass Valve Controller

I purchased my 360 nearly 2 years ago and after I had a bit, I became interested in the Capristo remote control to manually open / close the exhaust bypass valves. At $650 USD, the price seemed a bit over the top. So I obtained a couple of automotive relays and wired them into the circuitry to control the negative side of the solenoid vacuum valves. I use a Ferrari switch that I installed in the dash to control the coil side of the relays and I ended up with the same exact function as the Capristo unit.

The shop that works on my car encouraged me to take what I have done and create a kit that any Ferrari owner could install in their car ... and, so that is what I have done.

I have developed a kit that is completely plug-and-play ... no wiring modifications, no splicing of wires, completely reversible installation and no CELs. In addition to the remote transmitter key fob (just as the Capristo unit), my controller also has the option if the user wants to install a manual on/off switch instead of using the remote transmitter. So, although it has the same exact function as the Capristo Manual Remote Control ... it goes one step further in providing the manual switch mode of operation.

I am just getting this started here in the US and a friend in Switzerland has posted a link on the French Ferrari Forum ... I thought might be good idea to post a thread here in the UK forum.

I would love to hear any comments and invite readers to review my web site ... Forza Componenti

Thanks and kind regards,

Steve

Name
    James Lee

I can see that this is a good idea, but in the uk I have just been quoted 300 for the twin sound remote setup, Direct from their main uk supplier.

Name
    Steve

I have taken things further now. My controller kit sells for $375 USD (230 GBP) ... have made many improvements in the design since my original post.

In addition to the Always Open and the ECU Control of the exhaust bypass valves, the new version of the controller kit includes as Always Off option which forces the exhaust bypass valves to remain in the closed position at all times. Now, this is not intended for casual use as it will increase back-pressure in the exhaust system and reduce peak horsepower and engine efficiency. But, with users in the UK (and maybe other regions), local tracks have implemented noise restrictions during amateur track events. Ferrari's ... even with stock exhaust systems ... sometimes fail the noise restrictions when, at high engine RPM, the vehicle ECU opens the exhaust bypass valves.

With my controller, the user can keep the valves always closed. Now, as I stated, you would only want this for track days. During routine driving, if you wish to keep things quiet, you merely place the vehicle in stock ECU control mode and keep your foot off the throttle. The valves should remain closed during low engine RPM so you will not be making a lot of noise in your neighborhood. That should allow small children to sleep better and not give the local constable an excuse to have a conversation with you.

So, bottom line ... I am looking for a 360, 430 or 458 owner who tracks their car. Someone who might be interested in trying the controller kit in a track situation. Here in US, I do not know of local tracks who have any draconian noise rules that you have in the UK so do not have any empirical data on difference in noise levels with or without the Always Closed option. If you have an interest in working with me to test the Always Closed option, I would be interested in hearing from you. Of course, it you are interested in the kit in general, I would be interested in hearing from you as well.

Send me a PM or post a reply here.

Steve Bisel
    http://www.forzacomponenti.com/

Name
    Steve

Many thanks to my client in the UK for sharing this video on the installation procedure in the 458 Italia Coupe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhMO...ature=youtu.be

There are other videos available at the Forza web site.

Would love to hear some comments

Regards,

Steve

http://www.forzacomponenti.com/
    Last edited by bisel; 06-11-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Name
    Satanael

Speak to Chris or john at GT Cars ... They have a super cheap solution that everyone I know uses... Masser, Ferrari and lambos ....

nice remote on your key ring !!!

Name
    Steve

Is that GT Cars Ltd in Warrington???

Thanks,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by satanael View Post
    Speak to Chris or john at GT Cars ... They have a super cheap solution that everyone I know uses... Masser, Ferrari and lambos ....

Name
    Satanael

Yep, seen it on a 360,430 , Cs, scud, 599 etc

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by satanael View Post

Would this work on a 348 and if so have you got a few more details?

Name
    Mark

This probably isn't the best thread for competition with the product above (not that I wouldn't be interested mind you!)

Name
    Satanael

sorry , wasn't trying to compete ... I have no stake in either world.

just love a bargain .... I have no exhaust so doesn't really help me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast