Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a 360 Manual

Name
    stuart

Default Buying a 360 Manual

Hello guys,

Bit of a while since I've been on here - my dalliance with Porsche's and old Alfa's kept me away!
    Anyway, I'm now looking for another car - either a 355 or 360 manual.
    I do love 355's but have increasingly thought the 360 is so underrated.
    I'm off to look at this car tomorrow, does anyone know of it?
    Looks like just what I'm after, however, has had a lot of engine work at only 24K miles?????

https://jzmporsche.com/cars/ferrari-360-p0202/

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark Blanchard is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark Blanchard

I don't know the car, but the foot pedal wear doesn't look like 24,000 miles.

Name
    jos

Looks a nice spec

Maybe I missed it but what is the major engine work ?

Name
    Mark

TDF is a lovely colour. Even though I believe too that the 360 is an underrated model, that is a lot of money

Name
    stuart

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Looks a nice spec

Maybe I missed it but what is the major engine work ?
    Big £21k bill for clutch, tyres, suspension, interior and engine 'refresh' including ECU programming and CS Firmware

A348W is online now No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by stuarts View Post
    Big £21k bill for clutch, tyres, suspension, interior and engine 'refresh' including ECU programming and CS Firmware
    Wouldnít be that hard to get to that figure; nor that unusual if lots of ďwhilst your thereĒ and ďnice to haveĒ stuff was done.

Certainly wouldnít put me off in the slightest; opposite in fact. Who did the work?

Iím sure others who have owned 360s will chip in for specifics. (I can tell you clutch and suspension prices for 348!)

Beda is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Alex

I looked into this car and was delighted to see £24k spent at AV engineering doing almost everything you could think of.

What was odd to me was that there was then a bill for c£28k (if i recall) for an engine rebuild about a month after the AV bill. It actually appeared to me as though the engine had been replaced. I raised it with the sales guy who seemed surprised Iíd noticed and ask that we speak. To paraphrase, he told me the owner had preferred the engine in his other 360 and swapped them. He didnít really have an answer for why someone would make two cars no longer matching numbers, and given the price itís up for, they obviously donít much care!

Not a recommendation, but on learning all that, I ran a mile.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Beda View Post
    I looked into this car and was delighted to see £24k spent at AV engineering doing almost everything you could think of.

What was odd to me was that there was then a bill for c£28k (if i recall) for an engine rebuild about a month after the AV bill. It actually appeared to me as though the engine had been replaced. I raised it with the sales guy who seemed surprised Iíd noticed and ask that we speak. To paraphrase, he told me the owner had preferred the engine in his other 360 and swapped them. He didnít really have an answer for why someone would make two cars no longer matching numbers, and given the price itís up for, they obviously donít much care!

Thereís a fine line between properly maintaining a car regardless of cost and a total money-pit and Iíd suggest £52k spent inside a few months is probably closer to the latter.

Name
    stuart

Thanks guys,
    I'm going to have a look at it today before I dismiss it totally - and am looking at a few others. Popping to Slade's Garage in Penn to look at their stock too. They have a few nice looking cars in stock including a gun metal 355 manual (though it's a bit pricey!)

A348W is online now No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Beda View Post

Thatís all very odd. A dealer should be up front about that as it would come out in any ppi done; and then you would be seriously annoyed having spent all that time and money!!!

If your investigations turn up the same result Iíd run away! Ex track day car perhaps?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast