Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: F430 New owner diary inc. maintenance & upgrades

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    No the insurance is covered by the builder ‘Italian style. The alleged perpetrators have been found and are being supervised as they make amends. The commune response has been amazing so he building is now secure and monitored by the local hunters in exchange for hunting rights when we ar not there.
    That's the way to do it

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Love it. I can't wait to get our place in Liguria.
    Love Liguria was there last year in the window we had between covid lockdowns and spent time in the cinque Terre...

Where is your place?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Love Liguria was there last year in the window we had between covid lockdowns and spent time in the cinque Terre...

Where is your place?
    We haven't got it yet! We had a purchase fall through at the start of the Covid outbreak and haven't been able to get back since. We're looking to buy in the hills of Bordighera (between Ventimiglia & San Remo). We're ready to purchase, it's just a case of finding the right place, perhaps a half-built project as there are a few of them around. An expensive area though.

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    We haven't got it yet! We had a purchase fall through at the start of the Covid outbreak and haven't been able to get back since. We're looking to buy in the hills of Bordighera (between Ventimiglia & San Remo). We're ready to purchase, it's just a case of finding the right place, perhaps a half-built project as there are a few of them around. An expensive area though.
    I have taken this to another (off) topic so as not to clog up Marks Thread...

Foreign Property Projects

Name
    Mark

Windows...speaking of windows. Some food for thought here: https://www.wallpaper.com/lifestyle/...-garage-design Sure, some of that is a little bit of fantasy but I'm really thinking about getting more from the cars than I currently do.

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Sure, some of that is a little bit of fantasy but I'm really thinking about getting more from the cars than I currently do.
    Obviously not as fancy but it’s one of the reasons I have my ‘garage’ set up like this - I get quite a bit of enjoyment just looking at my car. Here she’s in a bubble for when I use the golf simulator which I’m standing in front of to take the picture but I’ll often use the room to watch tv for sports events etc as the sim doubles as a 10 foot tv screen and then she’ll be out of the bubble. Wife laughs at me but I'm sure she'd prefer me turning my garage into a lounge rather than turning the lounge in the house into a garage

Name:  6EFAA261-C122-4F03-89E8-06A9B6904D99.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  C3F71EA7-400B-40C9-9DA3-06C9F0196A36.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  32.9 KB
    Last edited by Nosevi; 09-05-2021 at 05:42 AM.

Name
    Mark

Pete, that's superb. I could get a lot of enjoyment from that. Nicely done.

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    Pete, that's superb. I could get a lot of enjoyment from that. Nicely done.
    Cheers. That's really why I did it - you can only be driving your car for a certain amount of time, 'traditionally' most of the rest of the time (which is the vast majority) they're shut away in a dark garage. I'm very much of the camp that these cars are, to an extent, 'automotive' art so why not enjoy that aspect as well.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 15-05-2021 at 05:58 AM.

Name
    Bryan Baker

I don't know why but I really like the five-spoke wheel of this luxury car.

Name
    Mark

Front Suspension Refresh
    The suspension components take a beating in these cars. The Hill Engineering track rod ends were new only 7k miles ago, but poor road surfaces wear them out in no time. I put together a spare set of wishbones to make the swap easier with less time off of the road.
    Name:  20201023_073303.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  81.2 KB

I had the arms vapour blasted. I'm going to replace all ball joints, track rod ends, and the flamblocs. The arms will be assembled by AV Engineering.
    Name:  20210904_164916.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  79.7 KB
    Name:  DSC02992.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  71.2 KB

Here's what the titanium wheel spindles look like after vapour blasting. Now I will send them for hard anodising, which is the final surface treatment process before they are ready to use. The end result will be a perfect match for the OEM titanium wheel bolts.
    Name:  20210904_164949.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  94.9 KB

Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast