Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 328 owners, how are your brakes???

Name
    paul

Default 328 owners, how are your brakes???

I have a 328 ABS model
    Doing some maintenance changing a few suspension bushes so whilst wheels off checked disc all round and still as new, the pads also have loads left.
    My question is what make of pads do owners of 328 use??? For road heavy driving
    I have no idea what are fitted to my car as they are the same when I brought it, but the break performance when on long heavy drives is actually shocking.
    Brake fluids have been changed 5 months ago.
    Also just to say they have always been a bit crap and haven't just got worse, they have been like that since I had the car.
    Maybe I'm just used to new modern cars being so brilliant that this is normal

So my thought was as I have no idea what type are fitted I was going to order some EDC YELLOW STUFF
    Which operate at cold and heavy use
    DP4414R for front pads
    DR4415R for rear pads

Would be very interested to hear fellow owners thoughts
    Cheers

Name
    cgt

EBC pads and stainless brake lines with a good quality brake fluid should make an initial difference and give the pedal more bite without going to the further expense of disc and caliper upgrades, which would be the next step.

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

All I can say is run away from EBC, nice colour, great to go with your stanced Corsa

For the 328, mainly road use, more bite and no equal buy Ferodo DS2500 or Mintex 1144, if you want something even better choose DS3000 or Mintex 11155 however both may introduce some squeal

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    All I can say is run away from EBC, nice colour, great to go with your stanced Corsa

For the 328, mainly road use, more bite and no equal buy Ferodo DS2500 or Mintex 1144, if you want something even better choose DS3000 or Mintex 11155 however both may introduce some squeal
    I defer to Mark's better knowledge, though EBC did work well on my 360

Name
    TW

Personally I do not rate EBC at all, Pending your useage you should custom your pad to your requirements.

T.

Name
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    EBC pads and stainless brake lines with a good quality brake fluid should make an initial difference and give the pedal more bite without going to the further expense of disc and caliper upgrades, which would be the next step.
    Do stainless hoses make big difference then?

I recently changed the 4 on my 348, but went for OEM Ferrari ones (largely due to availability, but also because the common part number is fitted on much more powerful heavier later models and hence I wasn content with suitability)

I changed the fluid, and the hoses - (didn't touch anything else) - and the braking performance is a chunk better, but I was changing them as a result of a slight discolouration on one of the rears (wasnt leaking, but discoloured if you bent and ttwisted and abused it - hence probably a leak soonish) so they might not have been at optimum before, hence my comparison isnt apples with apples.

Am happy with what I did, the brakes got better - but with stainless would they have got measurably different with stainless (for road use) ?

Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    Do stainless hoses make big difference then?
    Put simply Yes. You will get a much firmer peddle and far better feel......A really cheap brake upgrade and well worth it. Look good too

Name
    paul

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Put simply Yes. You will get a much firmer peddle and far better feel......A really cheap brake upgrade and well worth it. Look good too

Looks like I've just found my next new job, thanks guys

Name
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post

The Ferodo 2500 made a massive difference on my 308 (albeit with new disks too)

Re stainless hoses the key is getting hoses that are themselves reinforced not just covered by some shiny braid

Name
    paul

Looks at these beauties
    Got to be some of the worse pads out there
    Can't find any makers marks on them so haven't a clue what brand they are.

Next question
    Going to bleed brakes with some new dot4 agip fluid.
    Mines the ABS model, so is it just a case of switching the ignition to ON position then bleed as normal or is there some kind of bypassing the ABS,
    Surely it's just normal brake bleeding but not 100% so will ask the question
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast