Thread: ticking noise behind dash!

photoman Guest

Default ticking noise behind dash!

my 360 has started a ticking sound and appears to go off when you put heater fan on low, anyone have ideas??

Name
    360trev

Quote Originally Posted by photoman View Post
    my 360 has started a ticking sound and appears to go off when you put heater fan on low, anyone have ideas??
    Q. Does it sound a bit like the click you get from the indicators? I.e. is it a relay ticking sound?

If so it may well be one of the mechanical relays is on its way out and therefore opening/closing on its own.

Try to follow where its emanating from. Hoping its not a relay soldered inside a ECU for your sake or you'll have to replace the ecu (which is never inexpensive). Sadly Ferrari used an Italian electronics company called SDC for some of the cheap electronics (now owned by Valeo) and they didn't separate out the relays (totally stupid!) from the ecu so things like the electric windows/central locking have relays soldered onto the board. I'm guessing this may be the same for the aircon relay too but having never had one go bad on me I've never bothered to open one up.

-T

Name
    360trev

I just seen your other post about the AC condenser. These two issues IMHO are not a coincidence and very likely related. If the relay has been going on/off on its own the heater ecu/aircon ecu may have a fault which in turn takes out other things.

photoman Guest

Default sounds like relay ticking sound

it's only started today sounds regular ticking sound quietened by turning heater on low, you guys may be right, I'll see what it's like tomorrow and feedback to you guys!!

photoman Guest

Angry hope it's not board!!

hope it's not the board

Quote Originally Posted by 360trev View Post
    Q. Does it sound a bit like the click you get from the indicators? I.e. is it a relay ticking sound?

If so it may well be one of the mechanical relays is on its way out and therefore opening/closing on its own.

Try to follow where its emanating from. Hoping its not a relay soldered inside a ECU for your sake or you'll have to replace the ecu (which is never inexpensive). Sadly Ferrari used an Italian electronics company called SDC for some of the cheap electronics (now owned by Valeo) and they didn't separate out the relays (totally stupid!) from the ecu so things like the electric windows/central locking have relays soldered onto the board. I'm guessing this may be the same for the aircon relay too but having never had one go bad on me I've never bothered to open one up.

-T

Name
    Chris Honeywell

I had a ticking on my 360 heater, it turned out that the motor that pulls the flap for the air regulation open or shut had pulled the plastic tie right off the air flap ( passenger footwell) , the motor was running constantly and it did give a ticking/ motor sound .

You can get your head down low and see if the air flap is either open/shut of just flapping .

photoman Guest

Default ticking was… tracking unit under dash!!

removed offending item!!