Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Alfa Appreciation thread ! please post pics of any alfa you have owned

Name
    attilio

Glad to see this as I'm an Alfa Romeo fan, had so many over the years, GtV,alfettas, Alfa suds, 33, 156/156gta, 147s and up until 4wks ago a GT 1.9 sadly insurance right off. just got a Brera 2.2
    Sadly have no pics of all the past cars. Will post one of the Brera & one of my lovely spider.

Name
    steve

Amazing sound from this Alfa https://youtu.be/_QQ0M89VpL8

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Had a great weekend in Wales in ours. Started here on the A55 but unfortunately came home with the RAC

However it looks like a replacement engine is in order. Much like Ferraris (but a bit cheaper) when they break they may cost.
    Engine replacement will be more than the little car is worth but I think it's still worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by MalcH View Post
    Had a great weekend in Wales in ours. Started here on the A55 but unfortunately came home with the RAC

However it looks like a replacement engine is in order. Much like Ferraris (but a bit cheaper) when they break they may cost.
    Engine replacement will be more than the little car is worth but I think it's still worth it
    Your new variator didn't let go did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Your new variator didn't let go did it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TBH I'm not sure. It had belts and variator done last year (about 700 miles ago now). New head gasket and head skimmed. Just before we went I paid someone to change the oil and replace the brake fluid. I changed the plugs and the air filter, in fact that afternoon after leaving yours Mike.

We were just 50 miles from home with over 550 miles that weekend (down to Newport) and it just lost power (actually you know this from Facebook ).
    Anyway I have a few other things to check but after speaking to Alfatune in St Helens and my own thoughts I'm 99% convinced the belt slipped.
    However it seems with the Twin Spark all the valves will have been bent, the stress passed through the piston to the crank means the shell bearings will be fecked. Advice is a replacement engine. I'm pretty sure that is what I'll do and whilst it is more than the car's worth it is way, way cheaper than a Ferrari

Name
    attilio

Anyone here had there Alfa with to 2.2 petrol engine remapped ? As my Brera has a horrible flat spot low in the Rev range, apparently it's a usual problem some worst then others have been told a remap sorts this out and makes the car a hole lot better in general .also any recommendations on wear I could take it south of London or Surrey

Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by attilio 348 View Post
    Anyone here had there Alfa with to 2.2 petrol engine remapped ? As my Brera has a horrible flat spot low in the Rev range, apparently it's a usual problem some worst then others have been told a remap sorts this out and makes the car a hole lot better in general .also any recommendations on wear I could take it south of London or Surrey
    Can't answer the question but can tell you these are very good and come highly recommended from www.alfaowner.com
    http://www.autolusso.co.uk/

Not South of London but still near enough for it to be worth a visit.

Also http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...cam-chain.html

Name
    attilio

Name
    Ian

Sorry I can't find any pictures - but big Alfa fan!

Alfasud 1.5ti
    Alfasud 1.5 Green Cloverleaf
    Giulietta (1980)
    33 Estate (4x4!)
    33 Sport Wagon Green Cloverleaf
    75 TS
    75 3.0 V6

Wish I still had the Alfasud and V6 75

Name
    david

I'm not actually a Ferrari owner but am a big Alfa fan. I own this:
    Attached Images Attached Images