Thread: Ceramic Header Coating - Anyone?

Name
    GQ

Default Ceramic Header Coating - Anyone?

Thinking about having the headers ceramic coated on the 308 but can't really determine from so many FChat threads whether its of any benefit or not, in terms of a cost / benefit exercise at least.

Anyone had this carried out and seen the benefits from reduced engine temps etc?

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Thinking about having the headers ceramic coated on the 308 but can't really determine from so many FChat threads whether its of any benefit or not, in terms of a cost / benefit exercise at least.

Anyone had this carried out and seen the benefits from reduced engine temps etc?
    If you can wait a week or two my 430 will be running with ceramic coated headers the before temps can be read in the F430 thread / running reports and I will be adding the 'after' soon as.

Name
    GQ

Ideal. Who are you getting to do yours and is it the dipped or sprayed version? Thanks

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Mine were done by Camcoat (warrington) to full internal and external 24hour endurance racer spec.

I have yet to test them because the car is currently undergoing a lot of other work but by May / June it will be back on the road in anger

Name
    GQ

Thats who I was going to use. I'll get them done anyway as it looks a lot better aswell.