Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 348 HVAC snag

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Default 348 HVAC snag

Before I start tearing things apart just wanted to see if anyone had come across this before.

The HVAC on my 348 works perfectly (that's not the bit I want o find out if anyone has experienced) - hit the heat button and you get hot air, selecting AC gives a blast of cold air....... well a breath of it anyway. Temp controls seem to work and selecting the different vents all seem to get hot or cold air coming from the right place. All is good then

Snag is what the unit itself is saying - the readout is just nonsense with random parts of characters lighting up when you push different buttons, hitting the AC button lights the heat button up and hitting the heat button doesn't light anything up. I can't fathom how you can press the AC button, have the light indicating heat light up yet get cold air?!?!?

I've done the normal searches and thus far Google has been less than helpful......

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461140666.843010.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  139.0 KB

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Pete

Try dropping Eugenio (flyingboa) a PM, I think he had this problem but not sure how it was resolved

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by F355GTS View Post
    Pete

Try dropping Eugenio (flyingboa) a PM, I think he had this problem but not sure how it was resolved
    Thanks, will do

irarref is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

If it were me I would check your "hidden green fuse" first if you've not already had it modified/replaced. Easy check to do that just requires the corner of the front boot compartment lifting and a torch shining in.

If above is good perhaps take out the AC unit and clean the connections and reinstall. Again easy to do, ie remove coin holder, then ash tray, gear suuround then ac unit.

Are all other other electrics behaving ok? Is battery good/charging ok?

Name
    GQ

Agree, give it a good strip down, plenty of contact cleaner. I also enlarged the holes the buttons sit in very slightly as I found they would 'stick in' causing issues.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    If it were me I would check your "hidden green fuse" first if you've not already had it modified/replaced. Easy check to do that just requires the corner of the front boot compartment lifting and a torch shining in.

If above is good perhaps take out the AC unit and clean the connections and reinstall. Again easy to do, ie remove coin holder, then ash tray, gear suuround then ac unit.

Are all other other electrics behaving ok? Is battery good/charging ok?
    Cheers Mate. Yep, all other electrics are fine and battery seems fine. What's really got me stumped is that when you push a button you get the desired result yet a button you don't even press lights up?!?!? Will check the fuse (located a thread showing where it is exactly and how to get at it) and then move on to taking the HVAC out and cleaning connections, also suggested by Matt. The only reason I've been sitting on my hands is because right now it works. Sods law says it won't after I take it out. Eventually the wrong buttons lighting up will irritate me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quigs View Post
    Agree, give it a good strip down, plenty of contact cleaner. I also enlarged the holes the buttons sit in very slightly as I found they would 'stick in' causing issues.
    Cheers. Yep I think it'll have to come out. Ricambi (spelling?) have a good vid on how to remove them, looks relatively straight forward.

Name
    Matt

Sounds to me like job one should be to unplug, clean , replug.
    Wouldn't be surprised if joy ensues.

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by J70 View Post
    Sounds to me like job one should be to unplug, clean , replug.
    Wouldn't be surprised if joy ensues.

Name
    Pete

Had a go at sorting this out today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5c7nmPWQug&autoplay=0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast