Name
    Simon Stroud

Default MY 355 Project

Car trim being reupholstered some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Welcome to the slippery slope ........... once you start you end up doing more than you had ever planned to do but the car will look, smell, and taste like new But it will be worth it as long as the misses doesn't find out how much you have spent !!!

Name
    Mark

Looks superb. Who did you use?

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Welcome to the slippery slope ........... once you start you end up doing more than you had ever planned to do but the car will look, smell, and taste like new But it will be worth it as long as the misses doesn't find out how much you have spent !!!
    +1

Was going to just do the cream........ then I did all the black too........ then the carpets looked a bit shabby...... Before you know it you've done the lot. Well worth it though. Look forward to seeing the final result

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default How True

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    I won't tell if you don't?

A funny story on the subject, many years ago I had my 355 service to Maranello's Cam Belts and clutch replacement, my wife said how much did that cost?
    I said 700, she said that was less than I expected.

At dinner with friends and he has exactly the same car, his wife said "do you know how much my husband has spent having his 355 cam belts replaced it was 2000", my wife replied he should take his car to the same place, my husband takes his he had that done, and a clutch and it was only 700.

My friend remained quiet, later that evening he said to me, you have your car serviced at the same place as I do Maranello, how come yours was so cheap.

That's the trouble when you tell little lie you dig yourself a big hole.

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default How true

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    +1

Was going to just do the cream........ then I did all the black too........ then the carpets looked a bit shabby...... Before you know it you've done the lot. Well worth it though. Look forward to seeing the final result
    Yes, I have fallen down that slippery road. Replacement carpets, all the black leather and creama with red stitching, including the soft top cover.

When will it stop, I simply don't know.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by 355OXO View Post
    I won't tell if you don't?

A funny story on the subject, many years ago I had my 355 service to Maranello's Cam Belts and clutch replacement, my wife said how much did that cost?
    I said 700, she said that was less than I expected.

At dinner with friends and he has exactly the same car, his wife said "do you know how much my husband has spent having his 355 cam belts replaced it was 2000", my wife replied he should take his car to the same place, my husband takes his he had that done, and a clutch and it was only 700.

My friend remained quiet, later that evening he said to me, you have your car serviced at the same place as I do Maranello, how come yours was so cheap.

That's the trouble when you tell little lie you dig yourself a big hole.
    Years ago I spend about 4K on a new mountain bike, smuggled it into the garage and after I had ridden it a few times I had it in the back garden and was hosing off the mud and the EX Mrs Dutton said is that a new bike ? I said no its to old bike with a new saddle ............. I think I got away with it, but maybe that's why she left me