Thread: New Huracan Spyder......F458 spyder going

Name
    Joe

Default New Huracan Spyder......F458 spyder going

Had to try the new generation Lambo., the first one ive considered. Ok im not going to write an essay on it, yes its epic, huge grip, nice and safe AWD system, my fave car probably.

BUT the 458 has that intangible magic, the soul, the sound, the on the edge of being out of control thing, the appreciation in value. hard to let this one go :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by jo5eph View Post
    Had to try the new generation Lambo., the first one ive considered. Ok im not going to write an essay on it, yes its epic, huge grip, nice and safe AWD system, my fave car probably.

BUT the 458 has that intangible magic, the soul, the sound, the on the edge of being out of control thing, the appreciation in value. hard to let this one go :-)
    ...Surprised because the Lambo is at least one engineering generation more advanced in almost every department to the 458 amd much of the 488 except the folding roof.

It's personal I know but for me the V10 easily trumps the V8 in sound, performance, and fizz factor.

Describe more what you mean by the soul and magic as I am curious if it's more than the brand and its heritage.

I ran a Huracan Coupe and am going to the new Performante reveal early next month - can't see anything on the Ferrari horizon that will make me not buy the performante...

Name
    Joe

i think were we disagree is the sound, i much prefer the V8, its gives that old F1 scream rather than a v10 grumble. i dont see it as being technically better, you cant drive the lambo in a soft suspension/race mode combo which i did all the time in the 458 on uk roads. gear changes are no quicker. but yes the soul does derive from the fact 'its a ferrari' but its also a piece of art. driving position and visibility far better in the 458 too. that said the lambo is my fave car, looks amazing and its grip wins it for me.

Name
    CPD

i think were we disagree is the sound, i much prefer the V8, its gives that old F1 scream rather than a v10 grumble. i dont see it as being technically better, you cant drive the lambo in a soft suspension/race mode combo which i did all the time in the 458 on uk roads. gear changes are no quicker. but yes the soul does derive from the fact 'its a ferrari' but its also a piece of art. driving position and visibility far better in the 458 too. that said the lambo is my fave car, looks amazing and its grip wins it for me.
    Interesting take - agree the suspension / race combo aspect - did the lambo have the sports exhaust?

Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Interesting take - agree the suspension / race combo aspect - did the lambo have the sports exhaust?
    good question, it had no sports exhaust or rear camera/parking sensors or lifting system it was cheap lol. im not a lambo expert but thankfully it came with the alcantara heated seats/steering wheel, verdi stitching, magneto suspension, branding/style package, my fave alloys.

so how much is a sports exhaust?

Name
    CPD

Yeah reads like a pretty basic spec car.

The coupe I had, had all of those elements. Sports exhaust was daft price (akin to the price of an Akraprovic) but sounded really great.

Agree on the alloys too

Name
    David

Sorry but cant agree on alloys. To me they look dare I say cheap (No offence intended). Its as if someone has hammered some inserts made in their shed into a pefectly good set of alloys. To blingy for me.
    As alway its down to personal opinion. maybe ive got no style.
    I didnt like the starfish wheels on my 360 so I changed them to split rim modulars. So to those who dont like modulars ive probably confirmed the previous paragraph ie no style

Name
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Jagman View Post
    Sorry but cant agree on alloys. To me they look dare I say cheap (No offence intended). Its as if someone has hammered some inserts made in their shed into a pefectly good set of alloys. To blingy for me.
    As alway its down to personal opinion. maybe ive got no style.
    I didnt like the starfish wheels on my 360 so I changed them to split rim modulars. So to those who dont like modulars ive probably confirmed the previous paragraph ie no style
    Extra 1400 quid to have them alloys I luv em. Agreed on the modulars, I put challenge stradales wheels on my old f360.

Name
    Mark

Extra 1400 quid to have them alloys I luv em. Agreed on the modulars, I put challenge stradales wheels on my old f360.
    Those Lamborghini wheels do look great in the flesh