Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California dreaming (serious question)

Name
    Geoff

Default California dreaming (serious question)

So, two cars of interest, one has the LED steering wheel, the other not but a higher spec. Dealer says the LED wheel is a must have and will affect value a lot on resale. Salesman BS or true? I'm not that fussed to be honest but it seems to be a bit a of 'thing' with main dealers who won't sell a car without. Any views?
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Hmm, not sure. I must say if we were in the market for a 458 it's something I'd really want but with the the California

Name
    jos

But the dealer is happy to sell the car without LED ? Alternatively based on his logic the non-led car even with higher spec should cost less than the led car or am I missing something ?

Name
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    But the dealer is happy to sell the car without LED ? Alternatively based on his logic the non-led car even with higher spec should cost less than the led car or am I missing something ?
    The non-LED dealer is not a Ferrari dealer.
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Hmm, not sure. I must say if we were in the market for a 458 it's something I'd really want but with the the California
    +1

Id quite like it in a mid-engined V8, would be far less bothered in a Cali. I like the California but if I bought one itd be for different reasons than Id buy a 430 or 458 and Im not sure Id feel the need for, or even particularly want, LEDs on the steering wheel.

If you went to a Ferrari dealer selling a Cali without LEDs on the wheel I have a nagging suspicion their view would differ from the dealer selling one with it. Call me a cynic but its entirely possible theyre just trying to push a lower spec car by highlighting the LED wheel.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Worst case, whats involved with retrofitting an LED wheel?
    Cant see it being cheap but will be possible

Name
    jonnyjonkers

Dealers will look for three things on Cali T's - LED 'wheel, Scuderia Shields and 20" alloys. They know what sells. I looked at a Cali T in Pauper-Spec and, while it looked ok, it just didn't look right. It's all down to personal taste & opinion of course.

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    Worst case, whats involved with retrofitting an LED wheel?
    Cant see it being cheap but will be possible
    Strangely enough the LED Wheel seems to be the only thing not available for the Cali T in the Ferrari Genuine accessories catalogue.

Name
    Simon

I think he is right - the LED wheel is very important. Was a must have when I bought mine. For those saying, not important on a Cali - thats all well that its not a rear engine 2 seater - but those in the Cali's still love them as much, and still want the wheel.

I haver to say my Cali is so much better than my F430... I certainly wouldnt go back -

So OP - you judge it - if the led's arent essential to you , go without - but you should be able to bargain a bit if it doesnt have them - so you dont get stung on resale.

Spec is up to the purchaser ultimately... I waited to get LED wheel, and also luckliy ended up with a car with carbon seats as well... If you are happy without led, then go for it

They are great cars - better than some would admit actually.

Name
    Mike

My Cali has a LED wheel and it was a must when i was looking for the car but in all honesty i don't really look at it much.!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast