Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum access

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Hi Francis,
    I want to renew my £10 subs but I don't have (or want) PayPal.
    Is there another way to pay my £10 subscription?
    Cheers, Giles
    Hi Giles, have flagged this up to Francis in case he misses it on the open forum. Hope he'll be able to get back to you shortly.

giles is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Hi Giles, have flagged this up to Francis in case he misses it on the open forum. Hope he'll be able to get back to you shortly.
    Iím now sorted, my wife has an account so she was thrilled to be able to pay for me

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Iím now sorted, my wife has an account so she was thrilled to be able to pay for me
    Nicely done, Sir!

Matchless is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Steven

I had a password lockout that Francis kindly sorted for me earlier this year.

But now I can't send PMs.

I've emailed Francis a couple of times from separate email accounts (in case one was spammed) and have also tried the admin email contact to no avail. Hope all is ok there.

Also tried Tony on the CS Facebook, as he's always been super helpful. But the FB appears to have been dormant since Feb, so again, hope all is ok there.

Any mods/admins out there that could un-freeze my PM privileges so I can respond to a 'wanted' ad.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Matchless View Post

I've emailed Francis a couple of times from separate email accounts (in case one was spammed) and have also tried the admin email contact to no avail. Hope all is ok there.

Also tried Tony on the CS Facebook, as he's always been super helpful. But the FB appears to have been dormant since Feb, so again, hope all is ok there.

Any mods/admins out there that could un-freeze my PM privileges so I can respond to a 'wanted' ad.

Many thanks in advance.

Steven
    Will look into it, no idea why you can't send or receive PMs.

In future, if you want to bring something quickly (or at least more quickly) to our attention just click the little exclamation mark in the black triangle at the bottom of the post. That generates a report in the management area as well as dropping us an email so we should be able to get onto it

Edit: Currently out and about but will look into it later.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 27-09-2021 at 12:01 PM.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Many thanks in advance.

Steven
    \

Steven

I thought I sent you a message saying I was away driving my Ferrari in France, which is a thrill after recent events. Maybe I forgot to send it or you didn't receive it but currently I am somewhat knackered after a lot of driving but will try to sort it for you at some point tomorrow - ah that's today!

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

BTW Steven. I don't think you are a subscribed member - correct me if I am wrong. You might like to pay a tenner and subscribe. Would make us admins a little bit more inclined to help you and in fact may be a reason you can't do your advert.

Name
    Steven

Hi Francis,

Very envious of your trip, must've been properly invigorating after the last 18 months.

Unfortunately I didn't receive your email, so I was concerned that the hotmail spam issue might've spread to gmail.

Posting about my PM issue was really a last resort, as I hadn't considered the 'report post' button (suggested by Pete) as a way to get in touch with the team.

I'd be more than happy to subscribe, but for one reason or another I've had more tech issues with this forum than any other. It took a month to activate my account, then I couldn't post, then I couldn't PM, then I couldn't edit posts, then I got locked out. Now I can't PM again!!!

Maybe I'm just unlucky? Or maybe it's a Mac thing? But it has made pinging a tenner into the ether actually seem a bit of a gamble, ridiculous as that sounds!

I'm not complaining. I realise CS isn't a commercial venture and that you all do it for the love. And it's hugely appreciated. I much prefer the tone and spirit on here compared with the alternatives. And although I don't post a lot, I do check in most days, as there's nearly always something of interest.

Anyway, I'm not looking to post an ad, I'm actually trying to reply to somebody else's 'wanted' ad.

When I press "send new message" it says I "do not have permission to access that page". And my email folder is full with "11 messages stored of 0 allowed", if that helps with diagnosis.

Many thanks as always.

Name
    Pete

When I press "send new message" it says I "do not have permission to access that page". And my email folder is full with "11 messages stored of 0 allowed", if that helps with diagnosis.

Many thanks as always.
    I think it does. I think as a non-subscribed member that all you can save, once you have that many PMs I think it locks you out. Try deleting all your PMs (inbox and sent items) and see if it'll then let you send a PM?

Name
    Steven

Hi Pete. Thanks for your help.

So I deleted my entire stash of 11 PMs , which then redirected me to a page saying I don't have permission for the PM page.

The PM menu is now missing from my profile page.

Also my post above, replying to you and Francis this morning, went into moderation (which I assume you just released) as if I'd newly registered. Plus my pics have disappeared from an earlier thread. And I can't edit my posts.

Which all makes me think that when Francis reset my account early this year it effectively turned me into a new member that hasn't yet had permissions allocated???

Like I said above, I'm more than happy to subscribe once these tech hurdles have been overcome. But ideally I'd rather send the PayPal direct to a human bean, rather than process it through the site.

Anyway, sorry to be polluting the forum with this nonsense, but I currently have no other way of making contact. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast