Name
    Boxer

Default Supercar Ghosts

New blog on our Supercar Ghosts just posted:

https://karenable.com/supercar-ghosts/

Comments?

Name
    GQ

Just out of interest, where would the F40 sit?

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Good read and interesting thoughts on the cars

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Interesting read - My first 456GT (1994) was as you also found but the Modificatio revision I had (allegedly the last RHD Manual) addressed a lot of your criticisms and is up there on my 'wish-I-still-had-it' list.

I have come to the conclusion (in my ripe old age) that I simply cannot live with cars older than the mid / late 2000's as they are just not well engineered enough for me to enjoy owning. Being time poor, I get the enthusiasm some have for tinkering and I like to do so to improve my cars or personalising them but fixing broken things is not something I want to do for a hobby as its 99% of what my work is.

F50 is a thing of intrigue to me and I think maligned by compared too much to the F40...

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

I have long lusted for an F40, even had the pleasure of being driven around Silverstone in one some years ago, but the F50 is where my money would go if I were so fortunate. It disappoints only with its '550' nose but I could easily live with that, its just such an underrated car and quite rare.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Interesting read - My first 456GT (1994) was as you also found but the Modificatio revision I had (allegedly the last RHD Manual) addressed a lot of your criticisms and is up there on my 'wish-I-still-had-it' list.

I have come to the conclusion (in my ripe old age) that I simply cannot live with cars older than the mid / late 2000's as they are just not well engineered enough for me to enjoy owning. Being time poor, I get the enthusiasm some have for tinkering and I like to do so to improve my cars or personalising them but fixing broken things is not something I want to do for a hobby as its 99% of what my work is.

F50 is a thing of intrigue to me and I think maligned by compared too much to the F40...
    In my old age, I getting to a similar place regarding the pre 2000 cars (F40 the exception).