Views: 94
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0388.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0386.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  45.6 KB

Hopefully these photos can been seen as images rather than links!
    Cheers, Giles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Amazing how many miles that car has done and how good it still looks.

Living proof that the mileage sensitivity is all a load of BS

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    Amazing how many miles that car has done and how good it still looks.

Living proof that the mileage sensitivity is all a load of BS
    +1

The car looks great and just shows how you look after them makes far more difference to condition than how many miles you drive.

Sadly, while the mileage sensitivity is clearly BS, it's BS that's driven by the market - people pay more for low mileage cars when it comes to Ferraris up to a certain age of car. Always have and probably always will. It's odd really, talking generally, current owners know it's utter nonsense and yet those same current owners will price up their car when it comes time to sell if it has low miles, pay more next time for a low mileage example, discount high mileage examples when looking for their next.......... It's BS as you say but we are to blame for it as the Ferrari owning and buying community.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    +1

The car looks great and just shows how you look after them makes far more difference to condition than how many miles you drive.

Sadly, while the mileage sensitivity is clearly BS, it's BS that's driven by the market - people pay more for low mileage cars when it comes to Ferraris up to a certain age of car. Always have and probably always will. It's odd really, talking generally, current owners know it's utter nonsense and yet those same current owners will price up their car when it comes time to sell if it has low miles, pay more next time for a low mileage example, discount high mileage examples when looking for their next.......... It's BS as you say but we are to blame for it as the Ferrari owning and buying community.
    Was - to blame as far as I am concerned.

I have removed myself lock stock and barrel from that whole mindset.

Okay it took a life changing health event to get me fully there but now I simply donít care at all about the mileage on my cars. It is totally liberating when you consider we are all dying anyway. None of us know how long we have got so I drive them when I want to and where I want to.

My cars have been tracked too with the - same attitude.

Canít drive at 10/10ths on the public road now unless abroad and on an organised event so the only way to enjoy the full performance envelope is do it on track.

Each to their own of course but my mind is 100% settled.

Ferrariís are meant to be driven and driven hard. Itís what they are designed to do they hate being idle.

By the time my cars get sold or inherited it wonít even matter what their mileage is and I hope to create truly epic and memorable patina to them.

When all new N/A V8ís and V12ís have been made extinct by legislation those of us with them still on the roads will be found weaving in and out of the autonomous traffic on our way to some spectacular roads to enjoy them in peace.

When I was laid in intensive care thinking oh well this is it and I guess that was that...

it was the journeys that flooded my mind not the value.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Was - to blame as far as I am concerned.
    I have removed myself lock stock and barrel from that whole mindset.
    Okay it took a life changing health event to get me fully there but now I simply donít care at all about the mileage on my cars. It is totally liberating when you consider we are all dying anyway. None of us know how long we have got so I drive them when I want to and where I want to.
    My cars have been tracked too with the - same attitude.
    Canít drive at 10/10ths on the public road now unless abroad and on an organised event so the only way to enjoy the full performance envelope is do it on track.
    Each to their own of course but my mind is 100% settled.
    Ferrariís are meant to be driven and driven hard. Itís what they are designed to do they hate being idle.
    By the time my cars get sold or inherited it wonít even matter what their mileage is and I hope to create truly epic and memorable patina to them.
    When all new N/A V8ís and V12ís have been made extinct by legislation those of us with them still on the roads will be found weaving in and out of the autonomous traffic on our way to some spectacular roads to enjoy them in peace.
    When I was laid in intensive care thinking oh well this is it and I guess that was that...
    it was the journeys that flooded my mind not the value.
    I think it depends entirely on your financial situation, or at least it can do. My car is cheap enough (relatively speaking) that I don't really have to worry. It's a toy so was bought out of 'expendable income'. If owning a Ferrari had been a dream I had to stretch myself to achieve, and the money 'invested' featured in my long term financial plan, my outlook would likely be different. It's one of the reasons I would never financially stretch myself on a toy though, just don't think I'd enjoy owning it as much if I had to worry about getting my money back. But we all have differing appetites for risk so each to their own.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Without trawling through every post in this thread, have any major mechanical items had to be repaired - i.e. have the heads been off etc?

Would be good to know to compare the reliability of those parts compared to mainstream cars at similar mileages

giles is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Hi,
    I have all the history from day one so I think I can answer the question about what major jobs have been done with some degree of accuracy.
    The only major thing I can find in the history which has required replacement is the right hand cylinder head complete. The job along with everything else in itís life before my ownership was done at Lancaster Ferrari in Colchester, the job cost £6031.37.
    Before I bought it I had it compression tested with the results being spot on and it doesnít require an oil top up between services.
    Plenty of other maintenance like oxygen sensors and MAFís, clutch etc., but nothing major.
    Cheers, Giles

giles is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Compression test results from Lancaster Ferrari on the 6th Dec 2018 at 145,731 miles:
    Cyl 1 - 9.0
    Cyl 2 - 8.8
    Cyl 3 - 8.9
    Cyl 4 - 9.2
    Cyl 5 - 9.0
    Cyl 6 - 9.0
    Cyl 7 - 9.0
    Cyl 8 - 8.9

Cheers, Giles

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Thanks for the feedback, good to know

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast