Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilesí 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

giles is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    see what a good indie or even your main dealer would charge for the work. Sort of use their recommendations but taylor it to your car.
    This is exactly what I’m now doing.
    The rational for many considering the premium programme and Classiche will be wide ranging.
    For example (and contrary to what has been said) because mine is so unusual being intergalactic miles it might well help give a potential buyer the confidence it’s ok, not only ok but actually good. It’s not going to be for sale so it’s a academic really. It is however, why I am discussing the alternatives with my indi and it’s serendipitous that he has also been considering doing something more tailored to the car but giving a similar quality binder document on the state of the vehicle signed off by an independent expert coupled with a refresh on some known weak spots/perishables.
    It’s an interesting thought.... we will see.
    Cheers, Giles

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    This is exactly what Iím now doing.
    All sounds interesting, Giles. Interested to see where this goes as my carís getting on a bit so maybe something Iíd look at in the future.

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Patina is ok, being concourse is not part of the certification.
    Exhaust needs to be original as do all parts. For example I have some silicon hoses when my originals let go, they would have to be replaced with standard OEM items.
    Cost is about £10k for the Premium Programme which replaces many parts that are known to fail over time but are not part of scheduled servicing. But if you do this you can get the Classiche Certification for £1k instead of £6k.
    The risk I see is if the main dealer insist that many other parts are changed upping the overall cost.
    If it was Ďjustí(!) £10k then it sounds good, you would get a more dependable car plus possibly add some value to the car.
    Having said all that there may be a much more cost effective alternative to this scheme, one which Iím in conversation with at the moment.
    By the way not sure when my local dealer (Solihull) will get accreditation to the Classiche Scheme but itís likely to be in 2021 at some point.
    Cheers, Giles
    £6k for classiche You need to shop around; they are taking the piss with you. But then there is poetry there for driving so far during lockdown.

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

What you are describing is what the premium programme is, itís making the car more reliable by changing many of the perishable components like hoses and other rubber components. The Classiche part is closer to vanity although many parts have been up-suffixed to essentially upgrade some known weak components (well thatís what they told me).
    This is what they would change on the Starter Kit, system 1 of 4 systems to be updated with fresh components....
    [start quote]
    Starter kit Ė Parts and Labour £1,800.30 (after a £1,200 discount applied up until end of March)

Pipe from multifuntional valve to disareator

Pipe from filter to multifuntional valve

Pipe from filter to front valve

Pipe from filter to rear valve

Pipe to engine l.h. Side

Pipe to engine r.h. Side

Tubo flessibile freni
    [Donít know what this is!]
    Tubo flessibile freni

Gasket

Gasket

L.h. Complete fuel pump and fuel level indicator control -for oval section float

R.h. Complete fuel pump

Gasket injector

Sleeve

R.h. Valve with pipe

Complete l.h. Float valve

L.h. Valve with pipe

Complete r.h. Float valve

Union-tank connecting pipe

Bellows replacement kit

[end quote]
    Makes more sense if thatís what it is.

I already get this service from Stratstone as they always advise me if there is an upgraded part available for either car. As with other posters I have upgraded parts like hill engineering ball joints, tie rods etc. That will be staying on. Definitely a step in the right direction given the increasing legacy fleet mileage.

Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    £6k for classiche You need to shop around; they are taking the piss with you
    £6k is only if you don’t do the premium programme. If you do then the Classiche accreditation is £1k.
    Last edited by giles; 24-01-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Name
    Giles

Hi Folks,
    Through the power of social media Iíve been in touch with the chap who ordered my 360 new 20 years ago. He has sent me a photo of how it looked back then and also I can now see itís original number plate, it came to me on a personalised plate before I put my Ď360í number on.
    I wonder if anyone will recognise the number or indeed if anyone might have previously owned it?
    I think the photo is a photo of a slightly curled photo, I donít think it really was running that much positive camber as suggested in the photo!
    Name:  55684218-8d13-4cc9-a9ba-dba01bbf9b59.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  57.4 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Steve R

Really cool to find a pic of your car earlier in its life. I bet the original owner would be surprised to know how many miles it has covered since!

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by Stero View Post
    Really cool to find a pic of your car earlier in its life. I bet the original owner would be surprised to know how many miles it has covered since!
    Agree....my car had VIP1 on it early in its life which is now on Roman Abramovichís Corniche and prior to that had been on the Pope mobile..... I could never find any pics of my (ex) Silver 360 on that plate though but no doubt someone will reply with one in about 10 minutes

Name
    Giles

Negative* Camber!

Name
    Bryan Baker

The rear looks cool, but I was wondering where is the front shot.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast