Name:  IMG_3897.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  31.9 KB
    Oh go on then! Hahaa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

giles is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Ok, back from the south of France after a wonderful trip.
    I covered over 2000 miles across some lovely countryside and the 360 performed magnificently

On a long drive I was getting 430 miles to the tank (fuel pump warning message displayed but fuel gauge not flashing so I had at least another 40 miles in the tank left).
    My mpgís were 25 to 28 on the way down and way back and 20 & 21 while down there in the Cahors & Montauban region.
    The only issues I had were that the drivers side a/c and cooling system heat exchanger fan failed so I had limited a/c in traffic jams but obviously fine when moving as air was passing over the a/c condenser. The coolant temp rose quickly to around the halfway point in traffic but the near side (left hand side/passenger side/RHD car) kicked in to stop it overheating. So itís good to know the car can survive fine in 37 degree heat with only the near side cooling fan working!
    Itís already in at Stradale Italia to be fixed.
    Another thing I noticed but isnít an issue is that after being parked up in the 35 degree plus heat, on Ďcoldí start if you can call it that(!), it didnít start with a traditional 360 bark and snarl. I thought this was an issue but once back in Blighty when I stated it yesterday the cold start bark had returned, maybe itís to do with ambient temp? Anyway Sam at Stradale Italia will check it, check any stored codes and do whatís required if anything (I suspect not). No check engine light illuminated so I presume itís fine.
    Oh and Iíve worn the rear tyres out, new ones ordered, £430 delivered from Camskill, P-Zero Asymertricoís with the all important ĎFí approval identifier.
    Interestingly on the euro tunnel on the way back I had a LHD UK registered dark grey F430 Scuderia behind new, registration that read ĎScud Ví or something similar, great sound on that thing!
    Name:  IMG_3965.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  60.9 KB

Name
    Giles

(I can’t edit the previous Post typo’s so I’ll do it here! The ‘Fuel Pump warning‘ displayed, I mean the icon of a fuel station pump that is displayed when you get low on fuel - there is nothing wrong with the fuel pump! and regarding the F430 Scud on the eurotunnel that should read ‘behind me’. And before anyone notices the loo roll, yep rather than booze I brought back 18 packs of the stuff as you can’t buy this stuff here anymore but you can in France! Yep, that’s so rock’n’roll!)

Tyres ordered, £211 each with £8 delivery.
    I’m planning to have them fitted at a tyre shop round the corner from Stradale Italia when I pick it up.
    The tyres were on the car when I bought it in December 2018 at 144k miles, it’s currently at 161k miles so that’s at least 17k miles on the rears which i think is pretty good.
    The tyres were fitted at Lancaster Ferrari so I will check exactly when and at what miles they went on.
    I’m also planning to have rubber values fitted. On the car currently I have the metal values which are cracked on the hex fixing shoulder and as far as I can see they are not really required as I don’t have TPMS - so rubber it will be!

Name:  IMG_3976.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  59.1 KB

Last edited by giles; 04-09-2020 at 05:47 AM.

Name
    Adrian

Giles,

Sounds like a good trip

I'm likely to get the rims on the 348 re-powdercoated this winter and was wondering about the values. I've not read into it other than the metal ones cost...what are the pros/cons/ requirements for them as apposed to the basic rubber ones?

Cheers
    Adrian

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

It sounds like you had a great trip, and you managed to stock up on toilet paper paper too, result!

We had an issue a while ago with the car starting with a bit of a whimper rather than the bark that makes people jump. Funnily enough it began after a 37 degree day in the Black Forest and then only on cold starts. It disappeared for a while but returned intermittently, eventually being diagnosed as a 'weak' fuel pump or something like that, not holding pressure over time after the car has been switched off and left overnight or longer. We had them both changed at AV last year and it's been fine since. That may be worth a check for you.

Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    It sounds like you had a great trip, and you managed to stock up on toilet paper paper too, result!

We had an issue a while ago with the car starting with a bit of a whimper rather than the bark that makes people jump. Funnily enough it began after a 37 degree day in the Black Forest and then only on cold starts. It disappeared for a while but returned intermittently, eventually being diagnosed as a 'weak' fuel pump or something like that, not holding pressure over time after the car has been switched off and left overnight or longer. We had them both changed at AV last year and it's been fine since. That may be worth a check for you.
    Great! Thanks for the top tip, I’ll mention it to Sam.
    Update on the off side fan, It’s knackered, also wiring looms too all spent and certainly past their best.
    I’ll check my history but I was sure it was one of the first jobs, to replace the fans? I’ll check.
    Sam sent me a video of the state of play, not a pretty sight, but critically all fixable!
    Cheers, Giles

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Good update Giles.... they actually sell big roll at most shops around us

Iíd assumed (so maybe wrong) that the steel valve stems are for the speed rating?....

Name
    Giles

Hi Mike,
    Iíve done a bit of internet searching and there is nothing definitive linking metal valves with speed.
    Interesting reading thought, seems to be pros and cons on both sides but I think Iíll just go with a standard Schrader rubber value, short stem if they have them.
    Still really pleased with the price, Not sure itís possible to get a better price, feel free to share.
    Here is a photo of my defunct off side fan....
    Iíve checked my history record and I had this changed for a new one at 146k miles in December 2018, one of the first jobs I had done, so I think it looks pretty poor for less than 2 years old and 15k miles old. Either way a new one is on order along with a new wiring loom for this section of the harness.
    Cheers, Giles
    Name:  b8ed22af-f624-4010-89f3-5c6843e03cdf.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  62.2 KB

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast