Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, good to know
    There is a mid eighties Honda VFR engine running at Castrol in the UK with >500,000 miles on it and apart from oil changes is still well within its various components service limits - even given the fact that Honda is an amazing engine company a mid-nineties Ferrari engine will easily do that if in regular use and kept well.

Just exercise them regularly and thoroughly and service as per the mileage schedule.

If not using regularly then go to annual servicing.

I aim to put a few hundred thousand on mine before they bury me...

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    There is a mid eighties Honda VFR engine running at Castrol in the UK with >500,000 miles on it and apart from oil changes is still well within its various components service limits - even given the fact that Honda is an amazing engine company a mid-nineties Ferrari engine will easily do that if in regular use and kept well.

Just exercise them regularly and thoroughly and service as per the mileage schedule.

If not using regularly then go to annual servicing.

I aim to put a few hundred thousand on mine before they bury me...
    Agreed. I only managed 1,500 miles on mine this year, the lowest in my ownership; and also the first year I didn't bother getting it serviced - due to both the low mileage, and not really fancying sitting on a train for 2.5 hours with a mask on to get home.

Cambelts next year for me, and a resolve to use it at every opportunity. I've decided if I don't seriously surpass that mileage in 2021 it's getting sold, no point keeping it otherwise

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415