Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Out with a stunning 550
    You would often think of those pair in the reverse colours - V12 in the more sedate colour, V8 in the bright red. Truth is there's very few colours these cars don't look stunning in.

Name
    Ashley

Has anyone ever noticed ‘graffiti’ on the body structure behind the trim panels?
    When I had my door card removed for the, all too familiar, interior door release failure, I noticed some letters on the door.... do we think this is initials of whoever assembled the door structure? Looks to be written in body sealant. Could it be related to what looks like a kink in the top structure where the spot welds are? Thoughts?
    Well, it looks like it was Gabby who attached my front bumper
    Attached Images Attached Images  

giles is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    You would often think of those pair in the reverse colours - V12 in the more sedate colour, V8 in the bright red. Truth is there's very few colours these cars don't look stunning in.
    Very true, so you might not see many red 550’s but I do think it looks fabulous in Rosso Corsa

Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by albinoloverats View Post
    Well, it looks like it was Gabby who attached my front bumper
    Haha! Great photo! Yellow car?
    I see the outboard grilles are the same as on my 2001 car (mesh) but I have seen a number of 360’s with 2(?) horizontal bars, does anyone know what drives the different grilles, is it spec configurable or a model year change?

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

I see the outboard grilles are the same as on my 2001 car (mesh) but I have seen a number of 360’s with 2(?) horizontal bars, does anyone know what drives the different grilles, is it spec configurable or a model year change?
    The mesh ones are the optional challenge grill where the standard ones were what people refer to as the egg box type. So has the horizontal bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Mr McKay

The mesh front grilles are the ‘Challenge’ option, normally fitted along with the black drilled steel rear light panel. Sometimes cars only have one or the other depending what previous owners did. The rear panel is an easy diy job to swap, but the fronts require the front bumper removed which is slightly trickier.
    If a car only has the front challenge grilles it possible a previous owner put the standard rear plastic panel back on and flogged the rear one separately from the car.

Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr McKay View Post
    The mesh front grilles are the ‘Challenge’ option, normally fitted along with the black drilled steel rear light panel. Sometimes cars only have one or the other depending what previous owners did. The rear panel is an easy diy job to swap, but the fronts require the front bumper removed which is slightly trickier.
    If a car only has the front challenge grilles it possible a previous owner put the standard rear plastic panel back on and flogged the rear one separately from the car.
    Thanks for the information, I shall try to find out what mine left the factory with and go with that

Name
    Ashley

Indeed it is yellow.

I've always liked how the rear challenge grill creates a contrast with the rest of the car (unless of course it's black), and swapping the fronts for the mesh makes them match the air intakes along the side of the body. However when I was looking there weren't too many yellow 360s available, and I don't think any had the challenge grill options, so this was I DIY job.

Name
    Giles

A yellow Ferrari always looks amazing!
    Name:  IMG_0026.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  105.7 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819