Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Gilesí 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Where do you live?!??!?!

Next to a police station?
    Are you saying it's more expensive to insure a car in inner-city Manchester? Can't think why ............

ronrob is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Ronald Brown

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Just returned from a Ferrari Owners Club mini break to Skipton Yorkshire, great trip but the licence has a case of the measles as a result!

Next month Iím planning on driving to the South of France in the 360, I hope E5 fuel is readily available out there!

Latest pics of the 360 out and aboutÖ.
    Attachment 157180

Attachment 157181

Attachment 157182

Cheers, Giles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Plenty E5 in the south east of France that's for sure. We don't have any queues at filling stations either!

Name
    Alex

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Latest pics of the 360 out and aboutÖ.
    Hey giles,

Seen a couple of people posting the cars in Broadway, what group organised it? Was at a loose end at the weekend so could've come along in my 360 spider Your cars looking good as ever though

Thank you for the nod on the wheel bolts a few pages back also; mine arrived last week and all came together with no problems at all

Cheers,
    Alex

giles is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Thanks for the note Alex, the Cotswold Ferrari Area Group have supported a Broadway Ferrari day for a few years now, there are always a good selection of cars there from Dinoís and Daytonaís to the current Ferrari models. Good to hear my 360 is looking good but I have to admit mine was the only car there that hadnít been freshly washed! (Head in hands face!)
    Glad the top tip on the Titanium wheels bolts could help, the quality is superb and at a such a good price too!
    Cheers, Giles

Name
    Giles

Had a warning light, it was 18 months since I had one so I guess it was overdue! Haha!
    Active Suspension fault, apparently itís probably one of the accelerometer sensors, not a big deal and can be fixed when Iím back from France. Heading off to the Cahors, Montauban, Toulouse area again for a couple of weeks, this time my auxiliary fan is working but Oct temperatures wonít stress the system this time round!
    Name:  IMG_3469.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  21.1 KB

This icon pops up occasionally but clears after an ignition cycle. It appears to be triggered by a rough road surface. As mentioned an easy fix once Iíve had identified which accel sensor is faulty.
    It also appears to default to firm setting once triggered so itís like driving in Sport mode on the suspension all the time while the warning icon is showing, well thatís my perception at least, Iíve not googled it!
    Cheers, Giles

Name
    Giles

So far so good with the 360 here in the South West of France. Car hasn’t missed a beat and has again proved to be a comfortable long distance mile muncher. In fact I’m always surprised at the economy of the car and the range that comes with it.
    It took two tanks to get to Montauban from Stratford upon Avon and the last tank took me 438.6 miles and the gauge had not started to flash let alone the stage after flashing where the last remains flashing bar completely turns off. I refuelled with just over 16 gallons which equates to a smidge under 27 mpg, that’s better than my [same age (2001)] 996 tip C2. I know it’s not something Ferrari drivers are the remotest bit interested in, fuel economy, but either way, the range you can cover without needing a fuel stop is a very welcome and unexpected benefit!
    Name:  IMG_3591.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  33.9 KB

Last edited by giles; 15-10-2021 at 07:38 AM.

Name
    Mark Blanchard

27 mpg is amazing fuel economy for such a car. What sort of speed were you averaging?

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    27 mpg is amazing fuel economy for such a car. What sort of speed were you averaging?
    It is indeed

Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    Iíve been travelling along the French countryside roads and dual carriage ways rather than the Autotroute. The speeds are low, between 50 (single carriageways) and 80 mph (dual carriageways) but mostly at whatever 3k rpm is in 6th (65?). Yes, a very relaxed drive but Iím on holiday, not in a rush and there are many speed cameras!
    Cheers, Giles

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728