Yesterday at Nottingham
    Name:  IMG_4511.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  72.2 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    Ronald Brown

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    The inspection (just over an hour) was free yesterday at Graypaul Nottingham and also free last year at Meridian Modena last year. However, when I enquired with Graypaul Birmingham they wanted to charge me for the inspection, maybe the person taking my call just didnít know the process(?), possible I guess.

The service advisor I was dealing with yesterday at Nottingham didnít know much about the ĎFerrari with Youí programme and she hadnít done one before, so I suspect not many people do it.

As Adrian says above I already have a breakdown service I pay for in the U.K. (AutoAid, who have been brilliant on the couple of times Iíve used their recovery service), but the reason for getting the Ferrari with You programme sorted too is the fact that with my older Ferrari being a 2001 it would cost quite a lot to extend my cover to European recovery.

Yesterday was a little different to how Meridian Modena did it last year. This time they said they would send the report to me via email detailing any recommendations with prices. However they should have all they need to cover me for the next year on the Ferrari breakdown service.
    Meridian sat with me last year just to run through their findings and congratulate me on my leggy 360 being remarkably good especially for the miles (I wonder if Nottingham will share that view or will I just get a rectification list as long as my arm?!)
    Cheers, Giles
    Following with interest Giles!

Name
    Mark

I think the dealerships may have now limited the recovery service back to cars they have in their care, which is fair enough. For those that get their cars serviced elsewhere, you have to pay.
    But, hey-ho. The main dealer wanted £1200 to change the oil for our California so it went to AV instead

giles is offline Toyota MR2 355 replica Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    I think the dealerships may have now limited the recovery service back to cars they have in their care, which is fair enough. For those that get their cars serviced elsewhere, you have to pay.
    But, hey-ho. The main dealer wanted £1200 to change the oil for our California so it went to AV instead
    Nope, I have been using an independent Ferrari garage for years.
    Meridian Modena did the free inspection last year and Graypaul Nottingham did the free inspection this year and Iíve never been a customer as yet. On the contrary I have used Graypaul Birmingham for a number of services but they wanted to charge me for the inspection (I suspect in error).
    Regarding £1200 for an oil and filter change, wow!
    Cheers, Giles

Mark Blanchard is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark Blanchard

So I'm guessing that's £800 per hour, plus oil / filter, as it can't take longer than that.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Nope, I have been using an independent Ferrari garage for years.
    Meridian Modena did the free inspection last year and Graypaul Nottingham did the free inspection this year and Iíve never been a customer as yet. On the contrary I have used Graypaul Birmingham for a number of services but they wanted to charge me for the inspection (I suspect in error).
    Regarding £1200 for an oil and filter change, wow!
    Cheers, Giles
    Interesting, thanks Giles. Perhaps I'll try Graypaul Nottingham next time we're up there to see family as it's very local to my folks. I appreciate the info

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    So I'm guessing that's £800 per hour, plus oil / filter, as it can't take longer than that.
    That's about the size of it. A shame really as I quite fancied building a relationship with my most local dealer but I can't justify costings like that for run of the mill simple servicing.

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

DL were £1100 and Carrs £650 for annual on my 355 last year. Whilst Carrs had slightly higher hourly rate for extra work, oddly enough it went to Carrs; especially given their reputation.

They spent more than an hour on it doing the annual; as absolutely everything was checked, including doing a 4 wheel alignment check. Still not cheap; but given the road trips I have planned this year more than happy to pay.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    DL were £1100 and Carrs £650 for annual on my 355 last year. .
    Thats odd as both are "Official" franchises ?? why was Carrs near 1/2 the price ?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Thats odd as both are "Official" franchises ?? why was Carrs near 1/2 the price ?
    No idea. Why does Maranello in Egham charge more than HR Owen in central London when they're both part of the same group?

Name
    Mark

Just to add to my first comment... I only really investigated the main dealer option to service our California as it had a full Ferrari history to this point. I was more than happy to send it to Aldous and Ed as they look after our cars as well as anyone
    Last edited by Kyodo; 15-01-2022 at 03:35 PM.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast