Thread: Light bubbling on 360 front wing

Name
    Alex

Default Light bubbling on 360 front wing

Hello, new member here. I am on the lookout for a 360 Modena with carbon seats, and went to look at my first car today as a part of the hunt.

The car looked great in most regards but had what appeared to be some corrosion on the front wing, on top of the wheel arch. The area is about 0.5cm square, and appears to be aluminum corrosion bubbling away under the paint. The car seems decent in most other regards, so I am interested to know how to resolve this? I can of course ask the dealer, who seems reasonable, but searching comes up with very little on this, and I donít want to buy a car thatís had it repaired only for it to return in a yearís time.

Does anyone have any experience of this, either as an owner or a buyer (or repairer?)?

Hopefully the knowledge on here can set my mind at ease or move me past the car!

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Hi Alex and welcome to CS. Quite a few 360 and 430 owners on here so hopefully someone has had this sort of bubbling sorted in the past. I've seen it happen before on a 360 so sure it can be rectified.

Name
    Alex

Thank you Pete, hoping to learn a lot and be able to contribute in time.

Hopefully the hive mind will have experience of this and a solution - hard to not fall in love with the first car you see!

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Beda View Post
    Thank you Pete, hoping to learn a lot and be able to contribute in time.

Hopefully the hive mind will have experience of this and a solution - hard to not fall in love with the first car you see!
    Indeed. Best advice I was given when I went looking for mine some 11 or so years ago - Don't buy the first one you see! When you've wanted a Ferrari for year it's all too easy to get sucked in by shiny paint.

Enjoy the search

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I think you'll find very small bits on many 360/F430s. We have a couple of minor bits on our that in several years haven't really gotten any worse. When we were viewing cars prior to purchase back in 2013, we saw several cars with corrosion apparent which was much worse than that on our 360. bear in mind those cars were 10-12 years old at the time, not 20 years old as many cars will be now. I'm not too bothered by the tiny bits on our car. Most people will never notice and we'll have them repaired at some point perhaps but no rush.

If you're paying good money for a car via a dealer though, I'd probably prefer to see them addressed. Although hey, it's a 20 year old car and I wouldn't dismiss an otherwise good sound car for a tiny bit of corrosion.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

It depends what colour it is.....
    Red is fairly easy to repair, the metallics less so.
    Tim Walker ((Walkersport) was using a UV curing paint system on Rossi Corsa and I saw some spot corrosion repairs to a member on hereís car and they were undetectable.
    Get some pics and send them around a few body shops for an opinion.
    Most 360ís Iíve seen are pretty corrosion free. Itís the areas around the arches, where chips left unprotected can start to corrode under the paint.

GLWS....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk