Thread: After a long break from my 348 Spider, I just bought a Ferrari again

Talking After a long break from my 348 Spider, I just bought a Ferrari again

After well over 500 days away from this site, I just bought a Ferrari again yesterday

I collect it next month.

I felt I wanted to own a V12 before they are killed off or neutered by emission regs, and the best of these engines is from Ferrari. I was also on the lookout for a 4 seat car for family use.

So I've bought a GTC4 Lusso

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Great Christmas present! Any pics and/or details?

Name
    Andy Chadwick

Congratulations. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I did enjoy the week I had with one. They sound amazing and for such a large car they certainly can shift.
    You need to use the coach section in car parks though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumbs up

Thanks guys

My wife was suggesting we needed a new family car. I wanted a NA V12 before they're neutered by new regulations.

However the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera I'd had on loan didn't have enough rear seat space, and was turbocharged. And the AMR Rapide was just too dated, and a bit boring.

So I concluded there was only one car that really ticked all the boxes - the best 4 seat family car I could find. And with perhaps the best V12 engine around.

Hence I bought the Ferrari GTC4 Lusso In my opinion the best 4 seat supercar you can buy today

I collected the Lusso at the weekend and already did 400 miles just over the weekend.

Proper 4 seater, which is why I bought it as our family transport. Extremely luxurious interior for a supercar, and it rides more comfortably than my 720S, and is also quiet inside - until you increase throttle and revs... when it roars and then screams.

It has a lot of sound-proofing to the cabin, so is very quiet and docile at low RPM and throttle.

Sweet NA V12 engine, 4WD and 4 wheel steering, which makes it feel significantly smaller and more nimble to drive than its size would otherwise suggest.
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by Jas; 12-12-2019 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Fixing pics

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

The paint looks like glass!

Lovely car. [emoji106]

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Love the spec, I always think Grigio with Bordeaux is so classy on the V12s. So much nicer than a black interior IMO

Name
    Russell

Stunning, many congratulations.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Great looking car. I know not everyone raves about the 4 seat Ferraris but if you have a family they must really come into their own. 99% of my driving in the 348 is alone simply because, as a family, we can't actually use it as transport.

Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Great looking car. I know not everyone raves about the 4 seat Ferraris but if you have a family they must really come into their own. 99% of my driving in the 348 is alone simply because, as a family, we can't actually use it as transport.
    Yes I get that completely

It's why I bought the Lusso. So we can have a "nice" car for family trips.

My i8 remains my daily transport. It's rear seats are now too small for my kids. They did the job when the kids were younger though.

And my 720S remains my "special drive" car for fun, but of course can only carry 2.