Thread: Advice needed - impact on factory warranty of adding aftermarket exhaust?

Default Advice needed - impact on factory warranty of adding aftermarket exhaust?

Unfortunately I heard this:

https://youtu.be/vpCQz1kYvW0

So, I was wondering what is owners' experience of Ferrari's attitude to cars with the exhaust backbox changed to an aftermarket one please?

Obviously I don't mean warranty over the exhaust, but what if a car has an engine problem? Will Ferrari try to get out of covering a fault because the exhaust is no standard?

No-one?

Name
    CPD

Under EU law you can change anything in theory as long as it is from a recognisable quality maker and is the same or better than the original. Catalyst back systems are in many ways a replaceable part but as soon as you go forward of that and start changing anything that includes where the sensors are (e.g de-catting / high flow cats etc.) then you are sticky ground. Ferrari do market their own systems which are often buried in accessories catalogues in the dealerships. The parts guys will love to sell you one the car sales never do as they worship the cult of the ‘standard car’. Tubi-style is an aftermarket maker with very close links to the factory - they have made many of the ‘OEM’ optional sports exhausts which have a ferrari part number on. This is what I have on my F430 so any tubi system is unlikely to break the Italian code of honour. Personally I would start with Tubi then other close associates to the factory.

Thank you so much

Really appreciate the information.

I was aware of EU law, but was curious about Ferrari's "on the ground" attitude to an aftermarket exhaust.

Yes, I have no intention of changing the cats or sensors. (I did decat my 348 but that was well out of warranty.) Just the back pipes.

It seems however that the best options for my car (Lusso) are Novitec and Capristo. Both reputable and high quality of course, and known for Ferarri mods.

And you make a good point that exhausts are a consumable (rust) and replaceable part on cars. Albeit that these cars have highly durable stainless steel systems.

Name
    Grant

From what I have been told by a service manager, [ I asked the same question] if you have a problem with your car under warranty and it was not related to the exhaust change then you should be OK, but I would think if you had an engine problem they may [ if they get stroppy] try to claim it was caused by the exhaust change and it may be up to you to prove it.