Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Loosing my "major and belts service"

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

No probs. Be interesting to see what Hill Engineering says.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Well we finally got the car back Friday morning...perfect timing to put it in the garage and await a return to “normality”!

Name:  5DCD3BB0-4167-4831-A539-CF8F9D2F2F1E.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  98.1 KB

So in addition to the major and belts, I also had the following done:
    - tensioners replaced. Old ones sent to hill for inspection;
    - cam belt covers replaced (sourced separately) and Pete, old covers had been mauled by somebody and that caused the rubbing on the side of the belt you saw;
    - left hand radiator re-cored (I’d done the right hand and oil cooler earlier but didn’t get to the left!)
    - three brake lines replaced as they were showing signs of corrosion;
    - valve shims checked and adjusted (all exhaust adjusted and two inlet);
    - cam seals replaced;
    -valve covers re powder coated;
    - balance of coolant hoses I couldn’t get to swapped for new silicone;
    - handbrake shoes replaced;
    - rear brake pads re. seated, shims where holding them prowd by a couple of mm;
    - a/c regassed.

I must say; DL have impressed big time in customer service and detail in mechanical inspection. They have provided regular voice and video updates and always sought permission to do work. Allowed me into the garage to do some of my own work and really looked after me all day. And took the time to do a little detailing to my old paint before I picked it up.

Hourly rate was also competitive; but you do have to watch some parts prices (they understandably have to use most parts (they did fit hill bearings) in yellow boxes with black horses, so £90 fuel filters whereas I can get them on fleebay etc for £20.

I’d certainly have no hesitating in using them again (and will be) or recommending them.

Now to justify to the boss a “bill” for a car that won’t be used until...Thursday actually to deliver groceries to the in-laws who are broadly self isolating. Got to take the opportunity

Let’s hope we get on top of this horrid virus and get to enjoy our toys this summer!

Stay safe everybody.

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Glad it all went well for you.

I have always found them great to deal with and they seem happy to accomodate.

Nice to see they got their priorities right and kept yours tucked up indoors.

Shame they sold the Cali T this weekend i was intersted in.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Well we finally got the car back Friday morning...perfect timing to put it in the garage and await a return to “normality”!

- cam belt covers replaced (sourced separately) and Pete, old covers had been mauled by somebody and that caused the rubbing on the side of the belt you saw;
    Good to hear it all went well for you. I also had a good experience with my local main dealer this spring. Only an annual but it was a seamless experience and not a bad price. I do think the main dealers are putting in more effort these days to get owners of older tipos back into their workshops.

Re the belt covers, thought something must have been amiss somewhere. Good to have traced it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234