Thread: Selling California... buying 488?

Name
    Simon

Default Selling California... buying 488?

Hi all - after almost 4 years, I am going to let my California go... it's been a truly fantastic car, but time has come to scratch another itch. Am going to have a breather for 6 months or so (and hope the market softens a little), with the hope of getting into a 488 Spider at the end of the year. In the meantime, going to buy a cheap'ish Porsche or F Type convertible for the summer period, so that I still have something to play with.

Any views on where 488 Spider values may be around Christmas time (i know... how long's a piece of string! - but there are plenty here that are for more wise than I)

On the off-chance anyone looking for a California that's not going to give you any problems, ad is here. (really going to miss the carbon racing seats!)
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...IFORNIA&page=1

Name
    Grant

I think you would lose more buying another car assuming you are going to sell it at the end of the year than keeping your Cali. No idea where values will be but at the moment 488 GTB/ Spider seem to be selling well.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Nice Cali

I had been watching prices of used Ftypes and they have been on a nice downward trend, with the bottom end dropping and easy 20% plus in the last 6 months; especially with the release of the new model. Have they bottomed out? I suspect not and would guess there is another 10-20% to go yet. Whilst I was tempted most everybody I have spoken to says "Oh yeah I know somebody with one of those...they are a complete ****!" Kind of like Audis I guess I still like them though, F Type not Audis

As to 488 prices.... I would guess as the F8s come through they will take the normal downward trend, but to where...? I'm sure somebody with a spreadsheet can do some basic comparison between 458/488 and do a little prediction for 488/F8 based on similar "depreciation" curves (assuming we are comparing apples with apples! ) Then factor in some seasonal trends if you are looking in winter...!

Good luck; whatever you do!

Name
    Simon

Thanks guys - appreciate the input.. yes fully agree downside of changing /depreciation... and I know how much I will miss the Cali.... but will make up for it when the 488 arrives.

I will see what happens re selling over the next few weeks then make a decision.

Thanks