Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid-19

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    How nervous was I drilling into the leather and trim for the first time???!!!!

Not one for modifying Ferrariís but overall Iím pleased with the result, although I should have put the mount for the top strap a bit further down. Still modified with oem parts

Attachment 155454Attachment 155455Attachment 155456Attachment 155453
    Great job Adrian

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Hadn't read your first post properly, Adrian, so hadn't realised it was for the foldable top, hence my question about whether you had the vinyl cover for your targa as it has studs to secure the targa to the bulkhead. Also couldn't work out how those straps were going to be long enough to go round your normal roof. All is clear now

Nicely done, should hold the foldy in place well.

irarref is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

Very nice Adrian - looks factory :-)

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

So didn't take me long to get bored....

Having taken the car for a little drive (obvious to go for some exercise ) last weekend with a separate satnav for the first time, I got a bit annoyed at the leads over my dash. One for the satnav to the fag lighter and one for the phone to the stereo; I felt some tidying up was required so will be fitting this over the weekend and doing some discreet hiding of cables. There are some USB sockets you can mount in 'dash', but I wasn't prepared to cut my console to do that!

Now also tempted to fit a wireless charger for the phone in the centre console! Anybody done this? (Will I be bored enough next weekend; amongst the odd drive to go 'exercise' )

Name:  USB.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  59.1 KB

Name
    paul

i fitted the exact same kit (off amazon) in wife's car so the tracker system(hidden) had power always with a preset battery limit box so battery wouldn't go flat.
    I am ready to fit the same into the 328 also as i need more USB gadgets than the one cigarette lighter socket which is a pain as you said Adrian, the wires going all over the place.
    i have a small open storage compartment to the right of my knee so i'll install there, you'll never see it.
    good luck, great little bit of kit for a few quid, ideal addition

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Think I might need therapy...!

Since the camshaft seals had been sorted, this little tinker of a leak was apparent. Right sod of a location, up by the engine mount/ac compressor. Not enough room in any direction to actually get your hand properly on it.

Name:  79D0D87E-D57F-4344-9776-B1761662F317.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  71.6 KB
    Name:  A54D2EC7-AA09-42DA-8064-8A6CBEC2423A.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  63.4 KB

Long extension needed; inboard side washer had to be put in location with some long nosed pliers due to the access and what lovely expensive washers they are. Hadnít come across dowty washers before!

Name:  8D70DDA6-1153-4B5E-8456-DA545081C667.jpeg
Views: 50
Size:  83.2 KB
    Name:  C80A44C6-A5F4-4EFA-A1F2-ABFBE75A89CA.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  132.6 KB

The rubber/plastic on the old ones feel very brittle; age and heat I guess; but also looked like one had been pinched somehow.

Still new ones in and a quick run up with no leak; so fingers crossed thatís sorted!

A few others packages came with the washers for a bit more tinkering this weekend! (Would a therapist needs cheaper?)

Name
    paul

those washers are great, they have a rubber inner, so act like a O ring and seal from drips.
    i have them fitted to all 30 plus studs on my oil/trans pan
    if there the same thing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123