Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid tinkering

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Default Covid tinkering

So what’s everybody up to in terms of tinkering with youre toy?

Long on my list has been to clean the headlights as they were a bit “foggy”. So spent a rather enjoyable couple of hours doing that!! And drinking cold Peroni

I also took the opportunity to add some 3M film to protect against stone chips; I won’t show pictures of that as the edges look more like I chewed them than cut them! Fortunately you can’t see that when they are installed and the fairing is back in place!

Name:  05170DE3-5ABC-48A3-83C7-D50C68A7DEAF.jpeg
Views: 181
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  22A8A19E-CEA6-4A68-A558-62DB1D3714F1.jpeg
Views: 176
Size:  151.9 KB

Name:  3734402B-268C-417F-A890-514424E2BD0F.jpeg
Views: 169
Size:  110.7 KB

As Monday is suppose to be rainy, next on the list is to polishing the s/s high flow cats back up!

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

I've been busy at work, but a few weeks ago found some time for dicking about in the garage, making my set of traffic lights work in a proper sequence; and making a petrol pump nozzle light, with the bulb coming out the end of the nozzle.

Next on my list is a cam cover key holder; someone on here recently repainted either their brake calipers or cam covers, and masked them in a different way to get the exposed silver Ferrari lettering proud, with the red of the main structure below.

Anyone got an idea who it was?

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

irraref.....Jeff [emoji106]

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    irraref.....Jeff [emoji106]
    Thanks

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    So what’s everybody up to in terms of tinkering with youre toy?

Long on my list has been to clean the headlights as they were a bit “foggy”. So spent a rather enjoyable couple of hours doing that!! And drinking cold Peroni
    Been meaning to get round to doing this for about the last 6 or 7 years. That looks like a good result, Adrian, what are you using as a polish?

One thing on my 'To Do' list is concerning one of my roof clamps. The rubber covered 'foot' has split and a piece has come away. It would actually still work fine but it squeaks and rubs against the metal as the rubber coating has also worn away.

There's no desperate rush to get it sorted, I've replaced the offending clamp on my colour coded roof with one from my spare black targa. It's a 355 one but works exactly the same. Switching roofs from colour coded to black just means switching the good clamp over which isn't that much of a hardship but I'd like them all to be serviceable eventually. Any ideas anyone?

Name:  clamp.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  67.7 KB
    Last edited by Nosevi; 10-04-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Thanks
    I'm afraid since the server crash/whatever thingy all my pics are gone since beginning 01/05 2019 :-(

Anyway, I just put some 3m tape over the script then just sand away the tape where its sits proud then spray. Makes a superneat job :-)

I spent most of today polishing he car, lacquering the tyres etc etc so it look super shiny then redyed my drivers seat to get rid of some dirty marks.

Forgot to take any pics though!! :-(

This is when it was partly done the other day - did/redid who;e car today :-)

Name:  Ferrari348Polish.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  59.3 KB
    Last edited by irarref; 10-04-2020 at 10:02 PM.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    I'm afraid since the server crash/whatever thingy all my pics are gone since beginning 01/05 2019 :-(

Anyway, I just put some 3m tape over the script then just sand away the tape where its sits proud then spray. Makes a superneat job :-)

I spent most of today polishing he car, lacquering the tyres etc etc so it look super shiny then redyed my drivers seat to get rid of some dirty marks.

Forgot to take any pics though!! :-(

This is when it was partly done the other day - did/redid who;e car today :-)
    Looking great, Jeff. Might have to break out my polisher myself

Name
    Adrian

Pete, I use this stuff. I don’t have the best paint in the world by a long way, but seems to work well.

Name:  2C430680-5BD7-4D7F-9560-AB5B425D2F75.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  102.7 KB

Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Pete, I use this stuff. I don’t have the best paint in the world by a long way, but seems to work well.
    I've got some ultimate compound somewhere I think.

I actually meant to polish the glass up, does it need a special glass polish or is that the scratchX?

Name
    Adrian

Sorry Pete; misunderstood.

Mine were foggy on the inside. Not sure what it was but some normal glass cleaner, cloth and long skewers to get the cloth around all the area did the trick.

If the outside is foggy; there are various kits you can buy. On our old Saab I just used 1000 grit and lots of elbow grease!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast