Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cali T purchase - first Ferrari - help needed please

Name
    Steve

Default Iíve got one

Bought mine last year, great deal, and sounds like yours has the options necessary. Donít overthink it, and where finance is concerned, where they concede to you one way, they get you another. At the end of the day, if the monthly is reasonable, itís a good deal. Lifeís too short buddy, get her and drive the wheels off her. Residual wise, what ferrari with DSG and modern electronics is less than £50k? You will get out of her alright, especially if you intend moving up within the ferrari models later. Each purchase is a stepping stone. Iíve bought so many they call me on everything bar a La Ferrari to offer a deal, even then, thatís because they know I wonít drop £2mill no matter how much I love the car, er indoors would have a cardiac arrest.

The Cali T is a very very nice car, much improved over the NA first version, seemingly bulletproof, and a nice place to sit in. Itís almost as quick as the 458, just not as hard and lacking the final edge, but itís close enough for most to enjoy even on a track if driven properly. Love mine, and Iíve had 458, 599, 575, 430, 360, 355 and many others, plus Lambos and the rest besides

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona355 View Post
    Bought mine last year, great deal, and sounds like yours has the options necessary. Donít overthink it, and where finance is concerned, where they concede to you one way, they get you another. At the end of the day, if the monthly is reasonable, itís a good deal. Lifeís too short buddy, get her and drive the wheels off her. Residual wise, what ferrari with DSG and modern electronics is less than £50k? You will get out of her alright, especially if you intend moving up within the ferrari models later. Each purchase is a stepping stone. Iíve bought so many they call me on everything bar a La Ferrari to offer a deal, even then, thatís because they know I wonít drop £2mill no matter how much I love the car, er indoors would have a cardiac arrest.

The Cali T is a very very nice car, much improved over the NA first version, seemingly bulletproof, and a nice place to sit in. Itís almost as quick as the 458, just not as hard and lacking the final edge, but itís close enough for most to enjoy even on a track if driven properly. Love mine, and Iíve had 458, 599, 575, 430, 360, 355 and many others, plus Lambos and the rest besides
    Thanks. The Cali T is delivered on Saturday. I went for a Nero Daytona 16 plate car with 11000 miles. Nero/Rosso leather combo and lots of options including special handling pack, ventilated seats etc etc. I am a very excited 54 year old

I genuinely hope that I have bought well and that the Ferrari dealer will do everything to look after me and help me get into a 488 GTB in a year or two.i like to think that I am buying into a brand that aims to keep me.... will have to wait and see if that is fact or fiction!

Name
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpete View Post
    Thanks. The Cali T is delivered on Saturday. I went for a Nero Daytona 16 plate car with 11000 miles. Nero/Rosso leather combo and lots of options including special handling pack, ventilated seats etc etc. I am a very excited 54 year old

I genuinely hope that I have bought well and that the Ferrari dealer will do everything to look after me and help me get into a 488 GTB in a year or two.i like to think that I am buying into a brand that aims to keep me.... will have to wait and see if that is fact or fiction!
    Which dealer did you buy from? I use Carrs in Exeter, and I have had around 50 cars over the last 18 years from them, all marques, they treat me so well. I donít even look at prices, I just go by the monthlies, if they are good, Iím buying. Theyíve always managed to get me traded up and down to suit. There was a time I had six cars minimum on the driveway.... I have been a fruitcake over the years, but they always made sure I had a good deal.

Anyhow, enjoy the car, take advantage of the good weather, and Forza ferrari

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Daytona355 View Post
    Which dealer did you buy from? I use Carrs in Exeter, and I have had around 50 cars over the last 18 years from them, all marques, they treat me so well. I donít even look at prices, I just go by the monthlies, if they are good, Iím buying. Theyíve always managed to get me traded up and down to suit. There was a time I had six cars minimum on the driveway.... I have been a fruitcake over the years, but they always made sure I had a good deal.

Anyhow, enjoy the car, take advantage of the good weather, and Forza ferrari
    Blimey, someone who is worse than me for buying cars

Dealer is JCT600 Ferrari in Leeds. I hope they look after me just as well! I nearly bought one from Meridien Modena, a Grigio Titanio Cali T, with Nero roof, beautiful combo, bit it didn't have Magnedrive suspension and I was ultimately put off. There is something that draws me to Merdien, fab location and showroom, the photos just look so inviting and the cars look to be really nicely prepped. They have a special paint (Grigio) 488 GTB that I keep coming back to look at, it is stunning but maybe I am getting ahead of myself and need to enjoy the Cali for 12 months!

Name
    Steve

Ahh, I know JCT, always have some nice cars. Agree on Meriden, lovely location, test drives are always a pleasure in the forest!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12