Thread: Ferrari Becker system CD

Name
    Peter

Default Ferrari Becker system CD

Hi everyone, I'm looking for the Ferrari Becker system CD which is missing in the recent purchase I made to upgrade my previous unit which had no sat nav or Bluetooth telephone connection.
    So I have the Ferrari branded Becker 6112, the Ferrari branded cf card v3.0 BUT a NON Ferrari branded Becker system CD v6.0. It keeps asking to insert the navigation CD. From what I've been told the system CD must also be the Ferrari version and within the same version range such as v3.6 or v3.7 etc.
    Just wondering if anyone has one they no longer need or if I could try to see if it works as I'm not sure if I have a problem with the unit or not.
    Thank you all.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by PeterDavid911 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for the Ferrari Becker system CD which is missing in the recent purchase I made to upgrade my previous unit which had no sat nav or Bluetooth telephone connection.
    So I have the Ferrari branded Becker 6112, the Ferrari branded cf card v3.0 BUT a NON Ferrari branded Becker system CD v6.0. It keeps asking to insert the navigation CD. From what I've been told the system CD must also be the Ferrari version and within the same version range such as v3.6 or v3.7 etc.
    Just wondering if anyone has one they no longer need or if I could try to see if it works as I'm not sure if I have a problem with the unit or not.
    Thank you all.
    My own experience with these are they are next to useless - I put an iphone Holder in the CD slot and run WAZE as the sat-nag (way better than stock) and warns of cameras, police, hazards in real time. The factory Bluetooth on both my ferrari’ is virtually useless.

Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    My own experience with these are they are next to useless - I put an iphone Holder in the CD slot and run WAZE as the sat-nag (way better than stock) and warns of cameras, police, hazards in real time. The factory Bluetooth on both my ferrari’ is virtually useless.
    Thanks, that sounds a good way round if I have no joy with it.
    I'd still like to try the proper system CD just to see if my unit works or not.
    Thank you.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I wouldnt waste my time on Ferrari sat nav, as I just find it ***** (like most built in OEM car sat nav systems). Stand alone systems just seem to be easier to use, better functionality, and easy to download routes/speed cameras sites/etc.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    I put an iphone Holder in the CD slot...
    Cool, I'll have a look for one of those. I use Waze and another satnav app and previously I've used a windscreen suction mount, but they need quite a long arm and the phone wobbles about so much I can hardly see it! This sounds like a great alternative

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    I wouldnt waste my time on Ferrari sat nav...
    Yep, we have the factory satnav but I've never even attempted to use it.