Thread: Carbon Seat re-trim

Name
    Dermot

Default Carbon Seat re-trim

Has anyone explored getting 458/488 carbon Goldrake seats re-trimmed. Ferrari do not offer a re-trim service.

My drivers side bolster is wearing, the leather is also cracking badly (apparently they all do that). The are full black leather with Rosso stitching and red Cavalino on headrest. I worry that I may make things worse if they do not come back looking OEM.

Dermot

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Surprised your Ferrari dealer doesn't offer that service; as they would just outsource it. Is that DL in Swindon?

Undoubtedly there are a fair few companies around; with varying prices/qualities. (I've seen a 355 being put together including a re-trim in what was described as a "medium" quality and it had some creases that would bug the f*** out of me. Once you see them you cant unsee them!)

I believe Claire at KHPC does the re-trimming there; so could be a starting point?

(I will be interested in what you find out as the bolster on my driver's seat will start bugging me enough to do something about it in a year or so. )

Name
    Dermot

Adrian,

DL is Swindon supplied and looks after the car. I did contact them today. Their top trimmer recommendation is
    www.coachtrimmers.com

I tried to engage their help at the FOC annual meeting at Marlow last August. It ended with then not replying to emails and they never quoted.
    Anyway, I have started again with them tonight.

There is great service in the US with some really good re-trim examples.
    I will update as I learn more.
    Dermot

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dermot View Post
    Adrian,

DL is Swindon supplied and looks after the car. I did contact them today. Their top trimmer recommendation is
    www.coachtrimmers.com

I tried to engage their help at the FOC annual meeting at Marlow last August. It ended with then not replying to emails and they never quoted.

There is great service in the US with some really good re-trim examples.
    I will update as I learn more.
    Dermot
    O'Rourke have a fantastic reputation within Ferrari circles, I know they often undertake complete interior restorations of whole interiors of some of the most expensive models. That said, when I had a complete retrim done I went with a local lad and it was stitch perfect compared to the original using the best leather available. Not sure I could have asked for any more. I'm sure O'Rourke have earned their reputation but there are some very talented smaller outfits out there which may be more competitive regarding the cost.

Name
    jos

Over the years many concours level trimmers have been mentioned so it might be worth just looking back to see who else has been used

eg from, last year https://www.clubscuderia.co.uk/forum...hlight=trimmer
    Last edited by jos; 09-07-2020 at 06:41 AM.

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by dermot View Post

Interesting. DL (Adrian Burke) was at our local Cotswold meet late last year and were keen to get our cars in for a service. Comms were initially a little iffy, but once established both myself and another guy who has a had a bit of work on his car over the winter have been very satisfied. I dealt with David Baker in the service team; I've got his number somewhere if you need it.

Good luck. Cheers

Name
    Dermot

David Baker looked after me about 2 weeks ago on the 458 service. Over the years I have got to know most of the front of house people. I hate the telephone setup but I have emails for many of them now. Matthew now runs workshop, he replied to me within 15min yesterday. I was booked to go with them on the F8 Driving Experience at Maranello in March, it got cancelled 1 week before I was due to go.

The showroom is just finishing a complete makeover so I plan a visit in a few weeks.

Dermot
    Oxford

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

I had new leather on the seat and side bolster on my 308GT4 done a few years ago by www.trimmania.com. Excellent work.

I have just had the frame of that same seat repaired by Perrytrim in Sherfield on Loddon. Jamie Perry does a lot of work for Foskers and came highly recommended. https://www.facebook.com/perrytrim/ 07950 361717.

Neither of the TOO far from Oxford.