Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Owner into the Ferrari world

A348W is online now Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Mods post had me fishing on pistonheads whilst on another dull conf call!

From 3-4 years ago when I bought my F car, there has been a marked change in the market place (down obviously / never seems to go in my favour). I'd guess in that time there has been a good 20% if not more decrease in asking price on 348/355/360 era cars; ignoring the obvious chancers/ultra low mileage cars. (I've not followed others as it was these I was interested when I bought)

With "crystal balls" aside now, or this fall would probably be as good a time as ever to step into a Ferrari from a price point; as we will also likely start to see fire sales due to covid financial implications (some evidence of this in the yacht market at the moment).

At the end of the day a 348/360 for circa £40-50k respectively, when a new Golf will set you back base price of £26k, when has it been cheaper to get into these cars relatively speaking?

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    At the end of the day a 348/360 for circa £40-50k respectively, when a new Golf will set you back base price of £26k, when has it been cheaper to get into these cars relatively speaking?
    I bought my 348 for £23k in 2011, so 2011 would be my answer

All joking aside you're not going to get a good condition RHD 348 for anything like £40k at the moment. You might get a LHD one or a really tatty one for close to that but the base level for an 'ok' condition car seems to be £50-55k with later RHD cars in good nick all advertised for £60k and up. I've seen 4 or 5 sell in the last 2-3 months advertised at those levels so the market does seem to support this (although obviously no idea what they actually went for but all 5 were in good nick and on the market for just a few weeks).

I'll be honest, I have no idea why but asking prices on 348s have been rising steadily for the past 6 months and cars have been selling. Seems to be out of kilter with what I've noticed in some other tipos. My interest is because I've had someone asking about buying my car so I've been keeping an eye on it.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...PriceLowToHigh
    Last edited by Nosevi; 14-07-2020 at 08:41 AM.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

And to echo Pete's point, anyone who purchased a 550 for under £40k a few years ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12