Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not quite a new owner yet, but the prospect is mouth watering...

Golfather is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Kash

Default Not quite a new owner yet, but the prospect is mouth watering...

Hey there,

Dropping in to say hello as i'm soon to embark on my first foray into Ferrari ownership
    I've generally owned high peformance Audi's most of my life with a few Merc V8's in my former years, but Ferrari has been a passion for well over 25 years, but never had the opportunity to make it a reality.
    My preferred option is a 430 Manual but i'll take my time to find the right one.
    Looking forward to reading loads and gaining some practical knowlegde on what joining the family actually entails...

Thanks.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Kash,

Welcome

Hopefully you will find a sound bunch of people, fantastic cars, brilliant driving experiences with great advise and some solid p*ss taking

Personally I really like your choice of a 430 manual; a fairly rare beast so a premium to be had. (Not driven one, but like the idea of it!)

Enjoy your search, and do ask lots of questions.

Name
    cgt

Hi, I don't want to dissuade you but having owned and done many miles in a manual F430 you could have a much wider choice of cars by finding a really pristine 360.

For me personally the 430 was barely any different to drive as a manual to the 360.

F1 my choice would however be the F430. With the E-Diff and slightly different setup it feels more naturally suited to the F1.

Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Name
    Kash

Thanks for the welcome guys!

The lure of a manual is enticing although finding a good one won't be easy. That said the modernity of a paddle shift along with greater availability may still prevail.

I've not driven either the 430 or 360 yet but the aesthetics of 430 appeal much more and I've read it's much improved technically and mechanically over the 360.

Many more stupid questions to come, thats for certian ;)

Name
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Hi, I don't want to dissuade you but having owned and done many miles in a manual F430 you could have a much wider choice of cars by finding a really pristine 360.

For me personally the 430 was barely any different to drive as a manual to the 360.

F1 my choice would however be the F430. With the E-Diff and slightly different setup it feels more naturally suited to the F1.

Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Having had an almost perfect spec 360 Spider, Id have that over a F430 mainly because of the unending problems I had with it.
    Happiness is a full tank and an open road - unless you live in the UK of course......

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

What makes you want the manual so much, especially with with premium price?

I would give an F1 a try before deciding, to open up options. The F1 box on the 430 was much better than on the 360, which wasn't as bad as some made out. Once you were moving it was fine and great when "really" moving.
    The 430 F1 box was smooth from the off and quicker changes overall.

Anyway, good luck in your search.

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default Welcome

Pay your money and make your choice,

I loved my 360 F1, I drove it very hard over 17,000 miles and I loved the gearbox, and when it blips on the down shift and it was impressive when you hit the pedal.

I do like manuals and I currently have another 355 which is a far more mechanical car than the 360. I haven't driven a 430 or 360 manual so I could give you any feedback.

One of the members has a lovely black 430 F1 for sale with carbon seats that I think is a must have, currently up for sale on Piston Heads, I think there's link in the for sale on this forum.

All Ferraris have their idiosyncrasies, but they are so engaging.
    Last edited by 355OXO; 15-07-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Name
    Kash

It's by no means conclusive that I'll get manual but I'll try both before making that decision but there's something romantic about the gated shifter that I'm keen to try, having always owned auto's over the past 10 years.

There's a wide selection of spiders and coupes on PH so I'm narrowing it down to a shortlist, but black is not my first choice colour.

Just need to find time to arrange some viewings now.

Name
    Kash

Keen to have a detailed PPI ahead of any purchase so I'd appreciate your recommendations

Thanks!

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Tim Walker (Walker sports)
    Av engineering.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast