Thread: £150k to spend. What would you buy?

Golfather is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Kash

Default £150k to spend. What would you buy?

Ok, first off thatís not my budget but as I started looking it became apparent that between £100-£150k you can get yourself into most of the current crop of cars with the exception of the Special Editions and limited production variants. So, the question is which would you part your hard earned cash for?

Name
    jos

If you are offering to buy me another Ferrari then I'd prefer an early non-red 488 please with full manufacturer warranty which is just do-able for newness - otherwise a slightly earlier 458 might be a bit more engaging (so we're told) and would fit in my garage but is older

But its for you so given your budget creep what is appealing ?

Name
    cgt

F12. Unquestionably one of the greatest cars of the modern era.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

+1 on the F12.

Nice to see they are starting to hit this price level. May be a personal possibility in a year or two.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    +1 on the F12.

Nice to see they are starting to hit this price level. May be a personal possibility in a year or two.
    +1 on the F12

Everyone who can own a N/A V12 ferrari should do whilst they still legal to.

When they are all gone they will be gone and prices may inflate in a daft way.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    +1 on the F12

Everyone who can own a N/A V12 ferrari should do whilst they still legal to.

When they are all gone they will be gone and prices may inflate in a daft way.
    Just in time for it to be socially unacceptable to drive any sort of prehistoric gas guzzler.

Think back and at one time anyone who drank and drove, and got away with it was seen as a jack the lad type who had good luck. 20 years later those same people who thought well done to the drunk driver for making it home, were then reporting drunk drivers to the plod, and it had become socially unacceptable.

I can see the same thing happening with petrol driven vehicles, and someone who drives a thirsty V12 will be seen as the ones who are poisoning the planet.The current "woke" generation are allready there, and it wont take long for your typical petrol head the think twice about wanting to own such vehicles - they wont we so worried about destroying the planet as they wont do many miles, but they are likely to worry about what people think about them just owning these vehicles. They will then be worthless.

Name
    Steve

Default Really?

I buy my cars for me, and I couldnít care less what some spotty millenial thinks about want I do. In fact, Iím rather inclined to be very confrontational in the face of these Ďwokeí ********s and their stupid ideas about how we should all be told what to do and how to do it. Regularly, if I see a Prius type box wobbling around, I like to blast up and around it in whatever car Iím in to make sure I wake them up and give them something to cry in their soy about.

You buy a Ferrari for yourself, so enjoy them in good health and ignore haters

Golfather is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Club Member
    Name
    Kash

Iím not about to curb any passion on the grounds of the select annoying minority and their views! Letís face it, enjoying a Ferrari and revving the pants off it is a social necessity, one that I hope to make a reality soon, and the last thing Iím thinking about is the prospect of any half wit thinking itís socially unacceptable. These people need to get a life!

Back on topic. On thing Iíve heard a lot is ďbuy the best you can affordĒ or in my case, the most Iím willing to pay (2 of the same perhaps ;) but Iím keen to get onto the ownership wagon and then see where the passion takes me, thatís why Iím considering an F430. Good ones are around £70-£100k but the jump to a 458 or the F12 is steep....£125k+.

I wonít insult you by asking about 430 experiences (thereís plenty on the forum), but I would like your thoughts on if you feel itís a good place to start considering a California and good spec 360s are in the same price bracket.

If you have first hand experience of 430 ownership then your thoughts are welcomed.

Name
    Broshnat

It would have to be a Testarossa for me