Thread: Ferrari F8 Wheelspin

Name
    Controlz

Default Ferrari F8 Wheelspin

Absolutely loving my F8, but my goodness, the wheel spin! Is this normal in a Ferrari? I don’t believe for one second I could get close to the official 0-62 time as the moment I plant it in first or second it spins, even when it got to around 27c the other week. I don’t remember wheelspin on the mclaren like this. (It’s on P Zeros)

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Pirelli tyres are just complete and utter total *****. I have never driven anything on pirelli's that showed sufficient grip. I have had front wheel drive/rear wheel drive/4WD with factory fit Pirellis, and got rid of them long before I wore them out.

Not sure if you can get them in a suitable size but Michellin Pilots Supersports are very good. On my 430 it went from shopping trolley handling, to go cart with blue tack tyres when I ditched the Pirelli ****ster tyres, and put Michelins on the car.

I havnt driven an F8 but the nanny electronics should limit or stop the wheelspin ........ as long as the tyres have some grip

Name
    paul elton

Quote Originally Posted by controlz View Post
    Absolutely loving my F8, but my goodness, the wheel spin! Is this normal in a Ferrari? I donít believe for one second I could get close to the official 0-62 time as the moment I plant it in first or second it spins, even when it got to around 27c the other week. I donít remember wheelspin on the mclaren like this. (Itís on P Zeros)
    Hi, try Michelin cup 2 tyres i have heard good reports.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by elt View Post
    Hi, try Michelin cup 2 tyres i have heard good reports.
    Make sure you buy the properly homologated Michelinís for the car.

Not just the correct size.

Your local dealership should be able to source them at a good price.