Thread: 308 QV ignition partsj

sweeni is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    David Todd

Default 308 QV ignition partsj

Brought the 308 up to my daughter in Scotland end of last week. Very near the end of the journey started with a bad misfire and considerable lack of power. Took it the the local garage, that looks after my daughters family motors, and to cut the story short have advised that one distributor cap is not working as it should. The QV has one to each bank so be best to replace both caps and rotor arms. Maranello want to charge me 349.60 whilst Superformance asking 179.80 (both plus VAT). Checked and they are the same part numbers.
    WTF? 🤬
    Guess who got the order.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by sweeni View Post
    Brought the 308 up to my daughter in Scotland end of last week. Very near the end of the journey started with a bad misfire and considerable lack of power. Took it the the local garage, that looks after my daughters family motors, and to cut the story short have advised that one distributor cap is not working as it should. The QV has one to each bank so be best to replace both caps and rotor arms. Maranello want to charge me 349.60 whilst Superformance asking 179.80 (both plus VAT). Checked and they are the same part numbers.
    WTF? 🤬
    Guess who got the order.
    Dave - what year is yours? A QV?? 2 valve Euro GT4s ( and I suspect 308s) moved to single distributors in 1976.

Anyway - Superformance is always first choice. Also great supporters of this site!

Name
    David Todd

Mine was first ref in Jan 83 so built in 82. It deffo twin distributor.
    "When Lance "cries" on Oprah , spare a thought for all of those genuine people who walked away with no reward just shattered dreams. Each one of them is worth a thousand Lances"

Name
    David Todd

Mine was first ref in Jan ‘83 so built in ‘82. It deffo twin distributor.