Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gilesí 458 Italia On-Line Scrapbook

Name
    Steve R

Colour scheme not to my taste but Iím a big fan of the 458 and that is clearly an excellent example. Well bought Giles!

Name
    Steve R

Colour scheme not to my taste but Iím a big fan of the 458 and that is clearly an excellent example. Well bought Giles!

giles is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Giles

Quote Originally Posted by Stero View Post
    Yes, I was initially of the same opinion until I saw it and in the flesh with the combination of the racing seats with the alcantara centre section and leather strip running through the centre line of the seat accentuated with the deep red stitching coupled with a spattering of carbon fibre I just fell in love!
    On balance I think it has been really tastefully specified and as long as I keep it clean it should look sensational for years to come!
    One thing I thought might look better would be the grey painted rims against the met black paint, but again in the flesh the brightness of the wheels helps the high contrast graphic of the car.

Thanks for the valve controller recommendation Mike, I know John has one fitted to his so I can have a listen and see what I think. In some ways I quite like the transition (fluctuation) between open and closed according to throttle angle and load, more of a treat when it happens? Undecided.
    Please donít shout at me when I admit to having more interest in fitting cruise control! Hahaa!
    Cheers, Giles

swnyradar is offline Only useful for school runs - The Ferrari 308GT4 Club Member
    Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by giles View Post
    Thanks for the valve controller recommendation Mike, I know John has one fitted to his so I can have a listen and see what I think. In some ways I quite like the transition (fluctuation) between open and closed according to throttle angle and load, more of a treat when it happens? Undecided.
    Please donít shout at me when I admit to having more interest in fitting cruise control! Hahaa!
    Cheers, Giles
    I have cruise control and often use it on the M-way (how sad)

FYI - the Forza controller has three, remote operated modes - 1. Valves always open 2. Valves always closed 3. Revert to OEM setting - behaves as per original design so no difference.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I have manual control of the valves on my 430. This is essential with my grandsons as they assume valve control .......so its open all the time

Name
    Giles

Simon, you know itís not the car, itís the nut behind the wheel and in any case you have the holy grail, the last manual Ferrari
    Cheers, Giles

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default Stunning Combination

Black is a pig of a colour to keep clean but on a Ferrari who ever lets it get that dirty?

If i had a car 10 years it would have 37K on it not 3.7k, i never understand how people resist driving them.

I love it looks fantastic.
    Last edited by 355OXO; 17-08-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Name
    Giles

Next steps with the 458 are:
    Not sure if I’ve mentioned this already but I’ve fitted a Bovee 1000 iPod connection lead Bluetooth receiver. My iPhone bluetooths music to it and then is controlled by the vehicle Media controls. Although the item itself is good I think the interface with the car is not great, getting it paired with the car is quite a challenge, but once connected it works brilliantly.

I’ve ordered some of the More Than Polish (Mark Wibberley) floor mats, black with Bordeaux edging and the 458 logo. Nothing wrong with the original mats but I’ll take them out to keep them pristine. I’ve had Mark’s mats in my other cars and they are really good quality, so a nice addition.

I’ve also booked in to have the front end PPF’d. I’m going with Gyeon film getting it done with Flawless Detailing in Coventry. This will be bonnet, bumper, wings, mirror caps, sills and A-Post including the leading section of the roof. I’ll put more details up about this when I get it done.

The service is due in October but I might wait till April for the annual service so I don’t have to take it out every year in October when normally I would SORN my cars I keep in the garage. (the 360 is taxed all year round as it lives under a carport ready for action at a drop of a hat as and when required!)

Other than that nothing to do but drive it and keep it clean.
    Cheers, Giles
    Last edited by giles; 06-09-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Name
    Giles

So the service is due on my newly acquired 458.
    Itís been fine every year by Ferrari Marranello Egham in Oct.
    I wanted to wait until I start using it again in April as I would normally SORN my garaged cars for the winter months but I checked with Warrantywise who told me I must have it serviced as per timing or miles to keep the WW Platinum Plus warranty valid. I guess thatís fair enough so Iíve got it booked in with Sam at Stradale Italia for its 10th annual service (even though itís only done about 1000 miles since the last service in Oct 19. Price wise Iím expecting about £650, which is fine but itís £650 more then the 488!
    Cheers, Giles

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

But well worth it Giles!

Itís a really lovely car.... I saw the car on THJís Instagram account whilst we were in Italy. Iíd obviously no idea youíd bought it but thought it was a great buy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast