Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Adrian's 355 musings

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Trust me, you don't want a boat. They make running a Ferrari look like spare change. And yes I would have happily taken a 550 in part ex; a V12 will have to be in the garage at some stage Just got to figure out another cunning plan to get approval from the boss
    You could try the one about it being an 'investment'. Sometimes works, just depends if they notice you grinning as you say it.........

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Name:  Goodfellas.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  31.4 KB

Congrats, looks ace in yellow

F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Name
    Mark Collins

Well done Adrian, looks lovely

Name
    GQ

Looks great, but I have to say that angle of the 348 still makes it a great looking car, especially in blue (biased of course)

Name
    paul

congrats

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default Love the colour

You know what they say, once you've had a 355 there is no going back.

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Thanks everybody. Really looking forward to playing with the 355.

My first musing that I hope somebody can help with is the need for a rear fog light. Its a US spec car so doesnt have the light fittings or wiring for a rear fog light. (Last owner had a "friendly" MOT tester!!)

Reading the Gov MOT Inspepection Manual, it states "Rear fog lamps may be combined with the rear position lamps." Does this mean I can use the rear position lights as my fog light?; ie just insert an additional switch to turn them on when the lights arent on, or does it imply something else?

Any thoughts clever ideas appreciated.

Name
    Simon Stroud

Default Fog light fix

I had the same problem with my 355 when I put in a new loom from a US car. I got an autotrician to add a new cable to the loom to activate the fog lights, this was a simple fix and then the fog light operate on the normal switch as you would expect. It is a simple fix. I can't remember the cost but I think it was about 80.00.

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

So fog light sorted, small led light on the rear grill, a cheat splice of the radio power supply and an extra toggle switch under the dash! I might over the winter wire it to the front fog lights, but that means pulling the front boot apart....ugh!

With MOT time next week I thought Id have a look at the CATs. Spot the issue?
    Name:  56C43AA7-207F-423F-A4EB-13DC4BCE73AB.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  39.1 KB

Yup, somebody had removed the cores!!! Decided on the Superformance cats in the end, mostly due to price point, being 1/3 less than all the rest! Not as pretty, but the welding is good and as they are buried in the engine compartment out of sight they will do just fine.

Name:  94759E1F-2564-440F-B1A1-A3A7C9554345.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  118.7 KB

Just now wondering what else the previous MOT station didnt find!!!!

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    So fog light sorted, small led light on the rear grill, a cheat splice of the radio power supply and an extra toggle switch under the dash! I might over the winter wire it to the front fog lights, but that means pulling the front boot apart....ugh!
    Good that you spotted the straight pipes

You did say in a previous post that the 355 was definitely louder. Hopefully the cats won't make too much difference (unless you want them to).

Re the rear fog light, have you got a 'tell-tail' ie indication on the dash or switch that it's switched on? Last time my car was in for a service it's about the only thing the dealer picked up as a fault, my rear fog switch wasn't illuminating. Apparently not having an indication is an MOT fail even if the light itself works. Must be a way of doing it if the switch is now there.

Edit: 4.9.1 here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-insp...#section-4-9-1
    Last edited by Nosevi; 04-09-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast