Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Naked* aftermarket F430 Headers

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
    Actually they aren't that either !
    They serve no other purpose than to cut glare and reflection in the rear deck lid glass from light coming through the rear grill. Or to be more specific the headlights of cars behind you.

They are shaped so to allow hot air to flow cleanly around them, and having them there or not makes no difference to the level of heat in the engine bay, or how it escapes.

Removing them just means you have the inconvenience of reflected light and glare.

I tried it with them removed. Put them back straight away !

This description must be wrong then "The two louvres that help evacuate the hot air from the engine bay need to be removed"

RichardCH is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Richard Mark Dodds

not sure why my 430 Spider has a set then as headlight glare not an issue but sure it helps on a Coupe, I remember reading once that they were to reduce the temperature of the rear grill as EU regs state that no part of the external bodywork can be above a certain temperature. My engine bay is much cooler without them as they simply restrict the hot air exit flow. My SCUD never had them but then the rear grill is carbon and so doesnt heat up as much
    Last edited by RichardCH; 10-09-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Name
    Richard Mark Dodds

and there is very little driven airflow into the F430/Spider engine bay to push it out any other way

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCH View Post
    I remember reading once that they were to reduce the temperature of the rear grill as EU regs state that no part of the external bodywork can be above a certain temperature.
    The 348 has similar 'heat shields' around the exhaust and I know of a guy who managed to melt his rear light fixings having removed them. That could have been in conjunction with an aftermarket exhaust though, not sure, but aftermarket exhausts tend to be further from the bodywork rather than closer in a 348. I guess my point is I'm sure they're there for a reason, unless you have to, why remove them?

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCH View Post
    and there is very little driven airflow into the F430/Spider engine bay to push it out any other way
    Air isn't always driven out, it can be sucked out due to differing air pressures. Just a thought.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    Air isn't always driven out, it can be sucked out due to differing air pressures. Just a thought.
    Indeed...

The rear diffuser is very aggressive on the F430.
    Worth following one on track in the wet to see just how aggressive it is and what that draws out of a challenge rear grilled engine bay.

Name
    Richard Mark Dodds

definitely going to wrap my cats, as they get extremely hot, even just driving the car out of the garage !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12