Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maserati MC-20

Name
    GQ

Default Maserati MC-20

I keep looking!

Anyone with thoughts on this. Very generic but I do have a soft spot for Maserati.

https://www.maserati.com/gb/en?utm_c...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Name
    jos

F8 money....

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    F8 money....
    And I'd much rather have an F8.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    F8 money....
    <1500kg

630hp

Series Production Carbon Monocoque

Fully Digital Dash and Interior

Butterfly wing doors

Way ahead of Ferrari now...

Name
    Mark

The carbon tub yes, but it'll take more than a playstation dash and gimmick doors...

I like it though

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Must be the worst web site I have ever tried to look at. Great if you are only worried about the look but I couldn't find much technical detail. I guess I am old school and want to know what I am buying. Are younger buyers happy to splash the cash without understanding anything about the car ??

Name
    GQ

Im not sure its F8 money if you start to add the usual extras which dealers expect of you, unless you want to wait until end of line!

Edit...Ive just seen the full UK options list...it soon adds up!
    Last edited by Quigs; 17-09-2020 at 07:01 PM.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    <1500kg

630hp

Series Production Carbon Monocoque

Fully Digital Dash and Interior

Butterfly wing doors

Way ahead of Ferrari now...
    I like the looks and doors; but in all honesty you lost my interest completely at “digital dash”, not that I’m in a position to worry about it.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    I like the looks and doors; but in all honesty you lost my interest completely at “digital dash”, not that I’m in a position to worry about it.
    +1. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Great engineering I'm sure, Mod, but I don't buy a car to marvel at the engineering in an objective way, I buy it because it's fun and engaging subjectively ie for me. By that measure I very much doubt Maserati are "way ahead of Ferrari now." Happy to be wrong, not driven this car, but I'd be quite surprised.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    +1. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Great engineering I'm sure, Mod, but I don't buy a car to marvel at the engineering in an objective way, I buy it because it's fun and engaging subjectively ie for me. By that measure I very much doubt Maserati are "way ahead of Ferrari now." Happy to be wrong, not driven this car, but I'd be quite surprised.

I Just saw the launch and the spec and the headlines I mentioned and thought - great a modern pure drivers car.

Light, powerful, no internal clutter and yet has all the tech I wish my 2008 cars now had.

Imagine going on an epic European trip and having all the stuff you need at your finger tips that no longer means having to have the other half with one of those mega atlas' or mobile phone constantly in her hands - that is surely a benefit.

When we did epic family holidays in our 456GT's in the 90's things like the luggage set helped but I cannot tell you how much easier it would have been with modern in-car electronics.

We set off the other day in our modern BMW and did 4,000miles to the Farm and Back taking a picturesque route with not a thing booked in advance. We did everything in the car via iDrive as we went.

No stress, no hassles and a delight to use.

Note: If you dont like having the screens most now are switchable to become minimal info only when on a sporting blast over a mountain pass or track / corsa mode is on.

This is equally better for that the part of the driving experience.

The tech is much more engaging and driver focussed than its early incarnations. I have lived with iDrive for example since its start and now I cant imagine my daily without it.

In my old Ferrari's I rely on bluetooth adaptors, Waze, and a wobbly smartphone holder in the redundant CD slot

In the comment way ahead - I meant re chassis, body, and interior tech.

I think Ferrari are in danger of going back to 'Great engine forget about the package its in' as per the pre-Montezemolo years.

Ferrari sports cars should be all carbon tubbed by now surely?
    Last edited by Modificato; 18-09-2020 at 09:36 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast