Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hybrids are Coming.……and I not excited

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    Just posted a new blog on the coming of the next generation hybrid Ferraris. I have a few major concerns on if they will be able to deliver a better driving experience:

https://karenable.com/the-hybrids-ar...i-not-excited/

Thoughts, comments?
    Enjoyed it.

I assume given that piece that you have now cancelled the order for the SG since it was announced it will have the V6 twin turbo Nissan engine...

Joking of course - what is the latest on the whole V6 for racing / V8 for street car decision?

The Valkyrie and the Murray car look like they will be the last super / hyper cars with N/A V12’s so that’s where the money will be and no doubt forever be for those wanting the last of the old analogue era cars.

Reading the piece you seem to be 100% a Gordon Murray’s design ethos target profile driver.
    Last edited by Modificato; 27-10-2020 at 03:25 PM.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Enjoyed it.

I assume given that piece that you have now cancelled the order for the SG since it was announced it will have the V6 twin turbo Nissan engine...

Joking of course - what is the latest on the whole V6 for racing / V8 for street car decision?

The Valkyrie and the Murray car look like they will be the last super / hyper cars with N/A V12’s so that’s where the money will be and no doubt forever be for those wanting the last of the old analogue era cars.

Reading the piece you seem to be 100% a Gordon Murray’s design ethos target profile driver.
    I believe the SCG004s will all have V8s and the V6s will be used in the LMP1 SCG007. https://glickenhausracing.com/scg-004

I definitely fit in the GMD design profile with one exception on the monetary side.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    I believe the SCG004s will all have V8s and the V6s will be used in the LMP1 SCG007. https://glickenhausracing.com/scg-004

I definitely fit in the GMD design profile with one exception on the monetary side.
    I prefer Adrian Newey's vision as the last hurrah for N/A

I 'get' the whole Gordon Murray vision but its not aligned to my tastes

The Glickenhaus car does nothing for me - honestly of the three its the least interesting in terms of new ground being broken.

I do like his romantic philosophy of driving to a track and competing but I think that is wistful thinking...

All three make more sense to me however than the Bugatti / Koenigsegg / Zonda rolling jewellery type ethos

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    I prefer Adrian Newey's vision as the last hurrah for N/A

I 'get' the whole Gordon Murray vision but its not aligned to my tastes

The Glickenhaus car does nothing for me - honestly of the three its the least interesting in terms of new ground being broken.

I do like his romantic philosophy of driving to a track and competing but I think that is wistful thinking...

All three make more sense to me however than the Bugatti / Koenigsegg / Zonda rolling jewellery type ethos
    I think Newey's vision is great. Only issue has been turning that vision into reality. Newey is long gone from the Valkyrie's development and a very cash strapped Aston now has to deliver it.

Agree that Glickenhaus doesn't break any new ground but personally that's part of the appeal. I quite like a lot of the old ground. I will take a F40 or a F50 over a LaFerrari everyday of the week.

Name
    birdseye

I believe you are expressing a sentiment that is increasing in all of us and is even beginning to appear in the motor magazines. What keen motorists want is maximum fun and enjoyment, and on public roads that puts a lid on the way the pure performance can be used. Sure some of us will always go for the "pride of ownership" or perhaps " look at what I can afford" of the latest flashiest model, whilst others will look at a special version as an investment. But my guess is that most car guys simply want the fun of being able to enjoy a deserted windey back road of a Sunday morning.

The recipe for a suitable car varies though. For me , I prefer a manual gearbox and a non turbo engine and as little in the way of electronics as possible. Supercharger is fine because that doesnt really alter response characteristics in the way a turbo does. Steering? Well the best steering car I have had was of course a Lotus which had no assistance at all. Indeed that car was more driving fun because its performance was more accessible than either of the two Ferraris and a Jag that followed it. Sadly I no longer fit into the Lotus.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Quote Originally Posted by maxthegreyhound View Post
    BTW I have about 500 posts but for some reason have gone back to the beginning!
    We had a major server problem a few months ago and moved to a new server with as different ISP. Some images and records didn't migrate so that might explain it. But good to see you still posting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12