Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Car - SF90Spider

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Default New Car - SF90Spider

https://reveal-beyondimagination.ferrari.com

Link - Thoughts?

Would particularly like your feedback on the front and rear air management innovations and the idea to seperate body colour from the carbon technical structures
    Last edited by Modificato; 12-11-2020 at 03:02 PM.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Link comes up with a site that says "Unauthorised Access"

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Is this the vortex generators/ gurney etc? https://www.ferrari.com/en-GB/auto/sf90-spider

As to the interior, really don't like all the "smooth" button clusters. You will have to look at them to check your pressing the right bit, unless it is actually textured; about the last thing you want to be doing in a car like this I'd suggest.

And what is "Assetto Fiorano"? What is the actual difference to the standard car, other than its not a colour more normally seen on cheap SUVs?

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Link comes up with a site that says "Unauthorised Access"
    Try this one

https://www.ferrari.com/en-GB/auto/sf90-spider

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    And what is "Assetto Fiorano"?
    Its the very profitable boy racer kit that in last week's results presentation they were happy to announce was being specified by 40 % of buyers @ £ 40000 as I recall

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post

Thoughts?

Would particularly like your feedback on the front and rear air management innovations
    To be honest I think the 'Vortex Generator' (if that's the fins under the front end?) will end up dented and ripped off at the first sign of a normal British country road, and I'd be surprised if anyone could honestly tell the difference when driving if the 'Shut-off Gurney' was actually working or not. I'm sure it's all very clever and impressive but I think we're probably past the point where it makes a jot of difference when driving in the real world.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

The only way you will get a decent amount of downforce is to deploy ground effect aero. This means the bottom of the car is either very close to the road or it has skirts that are in contact with the ground. Ferrari or any other car maker can put all sorts of aero tweaks/wings/flaps/etc but all they will do is generate more profit than downforce

Todays terrible roads/speedbumps/pedestrian safety requirements/etc mean there is a low limit on downforce so I think its just a load of Bull

I wish someone would make an entry level supercar with much lower weight and a smaller engine. Lotus have come close to it with the elise platform, but just think if Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo tried with a real lightweight - and I mean proper lightweight with everything striped out that you dont need. Could be the greatest driving machine of the century, but will never happen as your average supercar buyer wants electric seats, assisted everything, a tone of trim etc, and so much power its undrivable without all the driver aids. I have gone full circle on supercars and now ask myself WHY ???

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post

I wish someone would make an entry level supercar with much lower weight and a smaller engine. Lotus have come close to it with the elise platform, but just think if Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo tried with a real lightweight - and I mean proper lightweight with everything striped out that you dont need. Could be the greatest driving machine of the century, but will never happen as your average supercar buyer wants electric seats, assisted everything, a tone of trim etc, and so much power its undrivable without all the driver aids. I have gone full circle on supercars and now ask myself WHY ???
    +1

I guess once you've released a stripped out, low tech, no aids, raw car there's not really anywhere you can go from there. Whereas if you release a high tech, packed with gadgets Supercar you can always release a higher tech, newer gadgets model in a year or 2. Perhaps I'm just a cynic.

The thing is, I do think the tech on these cars is impressive, I'm with Mod and the engineers on that. I'm just not convinced it makes the cars more fun.

A348W is offline Rear lights like a farm gate - The Ferrari 348 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Its the very profitable boy racer kit that in last week's results presentation they were happy to announce was being specified by 40 % of buyers @ £ 40000 as I recall
    Pretty expensive racing stripe!!!

As to the aero, all very clever but as Pete says those fins under the front wouldn’t last 5 minutes on a uk road; but then I guess most won’t need to worry about this as they won’t be driven! As to the gurney; why do all designers completely forget the aesthetics of when it’s deployed and you can see “under” it?

As to a lightweight stripped out car; how would they make any profit without a tailor made programme?

Still the technology looks something else and must be a completely different experience to drive hard.

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Pretty expensive racing stripe!!!

As to the aero, all very clever but as Pete says those fins under the front wouldn’t last 5 minutes on a uk road; but then I guess most won’t need to worry about this as they won’t be driven! As to the gurney; why do all designers completely forget the aesthetics of when it’s deployed and you can see “under” it?

As to a lightweight stripped out car; how would they make any profit without a tailor made programme?

Still the technology looks something else and must be a completely different experience to drive hard.
    Well it's been mentioned previously but that's what lotus did. Reduced weight by removing the luxury items people expect. Aircon, stereo, carpets, sound deadening and then making it a cost option to add it back in, which pretty much everyone did

I think the Lotus Evora was closer to Ferrari league and the latest 410 sport looks nice. I was really tempted by the Evora 430 GT but didn't have the balls to buy a lotus. Shame really as I could have had a new car for £000s less than what I paid for a 9 year old Ferrari.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast