Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Car - SF90Spider

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    .......and must be a completely different experience to drive hard.
    I think that experience would go something along the lines of great fun followed shortly afterwards by a letter landing on the door mat informing you that you no longer own a UK driving licence. There's no way you could drive this hard on a public road and be anything close to within the law.

Obviously on a track you could explore the performance more but then if you buy a car for the track would it be a Spider with all the 'mod cons' or would it be a stripped out light weight racer? Why not buy a 488 Spider for the road and with the 200k change go get something track focused for the track? A little like Simon I struggle to see the point any more.

Don't get me wrong, I do quite like it....... but then I quite like the 458/488 Spiders and there's nothing on this car in terms of performance advantage over a 458 or 488 that I could actually use. So, like I said, what's the point?

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

It's a phenomenal achievement, and I would like a shot to see just what that much power feels like.

But I'd truthfully rather have a Roma - much prettier, and crucially more usable. I'd do far more miles in it, at closer to the cars performance potential (although arguably even it is too fast) - and that's surely the whole point, isn't it?

A Roma with a circa 4 litre, N/A V12 would be my perfect car

Name
    GQ

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post

As to a lightweight stripped out car; how would they make any profit without a tailor made programme?
    Easy, increase the price, they've been doing it for years!

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    A Roma with a circa 4 litre, N/A V12 would be my perfect car
    Its called a 550 and even comes with a manual transmission - oh wait !

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Its called a 550 and even comes with a manual transmission - oh wait !
    I've got one of those - probably why the Roma appeals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12