Thread: End Of Term Report 488 Pista

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Default End Of Term Report 488 Pista

Great end of term report from a benchmark of ownership.

Took some sorting of the geo to access the designed intent of the Pista but the comparative running costs and issues vs. the McLaren equivalent are all you need to know about how good the Ferrari is when used regularly and as intended.

https://youtu.be/4ilEaBnr5Os

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Not preaching that everyone should be driving their cars more again, are we Mod? Ron will be having words.......

Joking aside, I've got what some would term a 'garage queen' and she's certainly far more tinkered with than driven in terms of hours spent. Probably the kiss of death but I've yet to have anything remotely approaching a major issue with her in 11 years of ownership. I think luck has more to do with it than regularity of use tbh.

Interesting vid though

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Not preaching that everyone should be driving their cars more again, are we Mod? Ron will be having words.......

Joking aside, I've got what some would term a 'garage queen' and she's certainly far more tinkered with than driven in terms of hours spent. Probably the kiss of death but I've yet to have anything remotely approaching a major issue with her in 11 years of ownership. I think luck has more to do with it than regularity of use tbh.

Interesting vid though
    You only get the issues when you start to use them in anger....

My first ever Ferrari was bought as a low mileage used car (456GT) and I immediately took it on a 3,000mile trip around Europe. All sorts of daft things went wrong with it the majority of which were due to a lack of use. It had been serviced every year and indeed had scored high in concours for originality which was one of the reasons I bought it. Learned the lesson from it regular use and as long as that is meaningful regular use the mid 90's on Ferrari's are more and more reliable than ever. This Pista has lived the kind of life that Ferrari test regimes actually do very well. It the majority (non) use-case they don't test well enough!

A348W is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Re-affirms what we all know in that like anything mechanical, cars need to be used regularly! Oddly that drives the value out of them!

As an aside who is this Misha guy? Doesn't seem to know much