Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Use Case Rule

Name
    Boxer

Default The Use Case Rule

Just posted a new blog on the Use Case Rule of Supercar Collecting:

https://karenable.com/the-use-case-r...ar-collecting/

I must admit, its not one that I have always followed.

Thoughts on the philosophy?

Name
    jos

I'm honoured that my (former) 308 appears ! Another fascinating read

A348W is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Another I retesting read; thank you.

As they say, the obvious is never such until stated simply.

The use case makes a lot of sense, and actually clarifies a point or two for me. In initially wondering what to do after ‘acquiring’a lhd 355, I now think it makes a lot of sense for us; assuming we can get to the continent at some stage! I have thought longer term about a 599/f12 to scratch the v12 itch, but I to also prefer “topless” so suspect I’d get far more use from something else...812gts But that would be a step beyond my man maths ability.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    but I to also prefer “topless” so suspect I’d get far more use from something else...812gts But that would be a step beyond my man maths ability.
    I find time coupled with the wonders of accelerated V12 depreciation solve many man math quandaries.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Default Interesting Post

Enjoyed reading that and it seems like I came to a similar realisation long before it was financially ruinous and was actually enlightened by ill-health.

I am NOT a car collector.

I am a driving enthusiast and my enthusiasm can only sustain a simultaneous relationship with cars that are a both unique flavours and do not trap me in a low mileage / low use / cost of ownership trap.

Name
    Gordon

Completely agree, this is the same rule I now live by although stumbled upon unintended.

Admittedly mine aren't all supercars, but my 6 cover different bases which is my standard response so the usual family/friend moan of 'why do you need 6 cars'

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Completely agree, this is the same rule I now live by although stumbled upon unintended.

Admittedly mine aren't all supercars, but my 6 cover different bases which is my standard response so the usual family/friend moan of 'why do you need 6 cars'
    I find it also helps with the wife, especially when looking to add one more

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post

...Same idiotic comment as "but the speed limit is 70mph' why do you need to go faster?" to which my standard reply is "because I like speed and also drive them in other places were the speed limit is higher like almost everywhere else in Europe and on circuits and the circuit where there is no speed limit"

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Thanks for that, a very interesting read. To own a Jaguar XJR-15 is very special. I saw a blue one like that at Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago. Looked stunning and the owner was very friendly and told me all about it.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    Thanks for that, a very interesting read. To own a Jaguar XJR-15 is very special. I saw a blue one like that at Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago. Looked stunning and the owner was very friendly and told me all about it.
    In all probability it was the OP!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast