Thread: Before ICE Goes – One Last Request for Ferrari

Name
    Boxer

Default Before ICE Goes – One Last Request for Ferrari

Just posted a new blog outlining the last ICE car I would like to see Ferrari build:

https://karenable.com/before-ice-goes-one-last-wish/

Would you buy one? What would you change?

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

I would go in a different direction with a smaller engine and the bare minimum to make it road legal. Just imagine the Lotus Elise type of car done by Ferrari, with a high revving no turbo v6, longitudinal engine, manual gearbox, and everything in carbon fibre. Must be very pretty and sound like a Ferrari should Target empty weight would be <800 Kilos and at least 300 BHP. The luggage space being whatever is left i.e a car designed just for driving fun, and NO CHANCE of golf sticks or big luggage space, as both would compromise the function

It could be the ultimate driving machine of all time.

added edit The engine should be visible under a clear cover and be a thing of absolute beauty as it would be the last ICE engine ferrari ever did.
    Last edited by sssdu01; 10-01-2021 at 05:48 PM.

A348W is offline I mince along like a girl Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

In addition to a v12, a nice v8, along similar lines. Nice and simple, manual, non turbo, analogue dials and controls, engine on display with an emphasis on looking and sounding like an engine; not just an excuse to charge for carbon options.

Take their cues from the Dino/ 308 making it pretty rather than an exercise in complex cfd.

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    I would go in a different direction with a smaller engine and the bare minimum to make it road legal. Just imagine the Lotus Elise type of car done by Ferrari, with a high revving no turbo v6, longitudinal engine, manual gearbox, and everything in carbon fibre. Must be very pretty and sound like a Ferrari should Target empty weight would be <800 Kilos and at least 300 BHP. The luggage space being whatever is left i.e a car designed just for driving fun, and NO CHANCE of golf sticks or big luggage space, as both would compromise the function

It could be the ultimate driving machine of all time.

added edit The engine should be visible under a clear cover and be a thing of absolute beauty as it would be the last ICE engine ferrari ever did.

That sounds like a 21st Century Dino.

sssdu01 is offline No I'm Spartacus Committee Member
    Name
    Simon Dutton

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    That sounds like a 21st Century Dino.
    EXACTLY ...... but better they could raid the back catalogue and base it on this. Its the 206 and was apparently used as inspiration for the Elise [ATTACH]156123[/ATTACH ]
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Love the idea of them perhaps taking a step back and making a car that’s less focused on the tech and more on the raw driving experience. I’d like to be wrong but I simply can’t see them doing it. I think it’d sell if they did though - when’s the last time Ferrari made a limited production can which didn’t?

Name
    Boxer

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Love the idea of them perhaps taking a step back and making a car that’s less focused on the tech and more on the raw driving experience. I’d like to be wrong but I simply can’t see them doing it. I think it’d sell if they did though - when’s the last time Ferrari made a limited production can which didn’t?
    Im sure it would definitely sell.

Last time Ferrari produced one that was a hard sell......probably the Daytona Spider in the early 70s.