Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Mark's 360 F1

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    Yes that's what I originally thought, so I have been misinformed then!

This is from there website:

The three kits are different for the sound level:

- A standard Tubi sound, that is louder than OE exhaust
    - A louder sound
    - A silenced sound, that permit to use the car inside European Urban tracks with dB limitations.

https://www.tubistyle.it/ferrari-360...ystem/?lang=en
    I’ve not seen the silenced system for sale but I read that as the standard ‘Tubi Sound’ and the louder sound is the ‘+Rumore’. There’s no ‘silenced sound’ on their site for sale so maybe they somehow quieten down the normal Sound exhaust ?

I think where people have 2 cars both with a Tubi Sound but think one is different from the other is possibly where 1 car has standard cats and the other has high flow sports cats. Most standard cats cut down the volume a great deal while high flow sports cats don’t. That’s certainly the case on a 348 anyway.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 16-05-2022 at 03:40 PM.

BSM is offline Del Boy's Reliant Robin Club Member
    Name
    Ben

Interesting subject...

I also initially thought there were only two and thought I'd seen that the loud version had a much smaller silencer.

I'm pretty sure mine is the standard Tubi Sound version which I'm happy with at present. I do keep toying with the idea of a set of Tubi manifolds and a high flow cats though... Not a cheap job but they're insulated like the OEM setup 🤔

I don't think I'm brave enough to go the whole shooting match and decat although I'm sure I could sell them on easy enough and then go high flow cats if I it ended up being too obnoxious 😂

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by BSM View Post
    I don't think I'm brave enough to go the whole shooting match and decat although I'm sure I could sell them on easy enough and then go high flow cats if I it ended up being too obnoxious ��
    I’ve know people that have had decats and have replaced with modern high flows and said it made almost no difference albeit I’m talking 348s. I’ve also known people who went from OEM to modern high flow cats and it made a big difference. My reading of it is that by changing OEM restrictive cats to modern high flow cats you’re 9/10th of the way there to decats. My old setup was with high flow cats and it frankly couldn’t have been louder, registered the same as others with unrestrictive exhausts and decats.

You also need to keep in mind that decatting is an illegal modification and while it might only result in a slapped wrist from a nosey policeman if he knew what he was looking at, if you ever needed to make a claim and an assessor knew what they were looking at it could (in fact probably would) invalidate your insurance. Just not worth it imo especially when modern high flow cats essentially do the job without the risk.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 17-05-2022 at 06:46 AM.

Name
    Pete

Back on topic a bit have just taken my heat shield off and you can see the build number at the bottom of the plaque. Guessing Tubi can tell you if you have Tubi Sound or +Rumore from that number:

Name:  C233ADB7-ADB6-46D2-8D16-E20E2FCCE99E.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  60.7 KB

Mark Blanchard is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Mark Blanchard

Displayed the 360 at Stonor Supercars & Classics weekend, near Henley with the FOC. A good day.
    Name:  I.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  99.1 KB

Name
    Pete

Displayed the 360 at Stonor Supercars & Classics weekend, near Henley with the FOC. A good day.
    You're certainly getting out and about in her, Mark

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    You're certainly getting out and about in her, Mark
    My philosophy is what's the point in having it if you don't use it. And they're better when they're driven.

Do you use your 348 much?

Name
    Pete

My philosophy is what's the point in having it if you don't use it. And they're better when they're driven.

Do you use your 348 much?
    Not nearly as much as I used to, did for the first 7 or so years but not so much now. Having had a bit of an enforced break over the pandemic for one reason or another I think I'll be using her a bit more this year though.

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

If you can't use your Ferrari to get a bag of beers from the offy what can you use it for?

Name:  IMG_9848.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  63.8 KB

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    If you can't use your Ferrari to get a bag of beers from the offy what can you use it for?
    Beer runs are best done in Ferrari's. Keeps the drivers happy and the cars happy.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast